Dog Might Kickstarter

Beautiful boxes but I must say for what they are, extremely overpriced. Ninety-Nine dollars for an a plain, open interior wooden box with a plate of metal and some felt. How do they justify that?

Kick Ass Guarantee. We are devoted to ensuring that every one of our customers is filled with joyous celebration. When you open your item for the first time, don't be surprised if you experience one of the following: prolonged speechlessness; immediate unexpected bowel movements; or bleeding eyeballs. If this does not occur, or for any reason you are not 100% satisfied, we will make it right for the life of your product.  

... is this is how you feel having a plain wooden box? Sorry for being so negative cause it is a great product aesthetically and practically but what a price. 

Honestly I'd never even consider base level box. As you say, a plain rectangular wooden box in a fairly common wood shouldn't be that expensive. After the custom staining, hand carved design on the top and more exotic woods used in the higher tiers, the price is high but what I'd expect for such a product.

4 hours ago, OneLittleThunder said:

Also, there is now a 4" depth option available for the same price.

This is fantastic. 3" didn't make much sense when they were making customised official Malifaux cases when there's enough models taller than 3" to warrant a deeper case. The fact that the price is the same is great.

Are there any Malifaux models that won't fit a 4" case? The only one I think might not is the Shadow Emmisary, but I don't have one to measure. My tallest model is Lord Chompy Bits at 3.25.

They are indeed lovely to behold...and I feel my models would be stylishly well protected...however by the time I paid for a logo and custom finish on the box I would be so worried about it getting damaged that I would need to buy some kind of other case to protect the box !

• Like 1

On 06/05/2017 at 6:08 PM, -Loki- said:

Well it's got a lifetime warranty and they assure you that it's tough. If it's damaged you've got that warranty.

In my experience, most warranties don't cover usual wear and tear.  Or if you drop it or whatever...

• Like 1

I agree it's gorgeous. I just can't get over the fact that the box has a Guild logo, the cards are Arcanist, and one of the models is from Guild Ball (I mean, it's absolutely the best Guild Ball model, but still....)

My issue now is that I have to bring three factions worth of models to every game night because we have so many new players, and I've become the "Sure, you can use my stuff" guy.  I'm already eyeing a new Battlefoam case....

I could never fit as many models in there as I'd want for a normal night's gaming, but damned if my Yan Lo crew doesn't need a special place to call home. Not sure I can justify the price, but their release date is my birthday...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I did end up backing for the Flamebirch box.

However, some questions came up in the comments @Aaron. First, they're saying the Malifaux logos are at the moment for the kickstarter campaign only. Are there plans to let them use the designs long term? I could only afford one, but I'd love to get one for my Gremlins as well.

Also people have been asking about the designs on deck boxes for matching deck box and skirmish box. Have to accessorise! Any plans on that front?