Monthly painting challenge 2017 -- May

prof_bycid

May:  I am opening up the May thread two days early as I will be out of contact for about a week.  Rest assured that I will update the tracking sheet with your April models when I get back to civilization at the end of the first week of May.  

What is this?:  This is a friendly painting community, not a competition.  Remember that this is a fan-based thing only, and is not sponsored or approved by Wyrd in any way (i.e., screw-ups are on me, not them.).  I am simply continuing the tradition started by Jaxx23 and Vaiuri and maybe others before them.  I may offer a prize, if I can figure out how to make the judgement with different people in different categories.  Maybe one prize for each category for the person who hits the goal every month and paints the most above the limit?  Maybe if y'all promise to not get too competitive on me, we'll see.

Rules:   can be found in the Monthly painting challenge enrollment post.  Or just ask me.  Most importantly at this point, everyone gets two misses before being booted.  So, if you join now you are already at strike 2.  Finished models count for the month in which they are posted, i.e., post your models before the end of the month.

Tracking sheet can be found at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fUeZczizoFoMjwVDcJVpJtYkKiRvTOf5HpniRHrmijU/edit?usp=sharing

Posting:  At the START of the month: post a photo of your unpainted minis and any plans for them you have.  In the MIDDLE of the month: post work in progress photos if you want, or just banter about ideas.  At the END of the month: post your finished models and the Soul Stone Cost painted, and I will get this on the tracking sheet.

Aaaaaannnnnnnnnnd GO!

• Like 1

I finished Nellie last month. This month my goal is to finish Phiona, the printing press, and a field reporter. We're doing a Rapid Growth league here so these models will be for the league. I'll try and post a WIP picture part way though (Chrome is giving me issues adding a picture at the moment).

• Like 1

First of May, first of May, outdoor...painting...starts today. Well, not really, as it's been an on-and-off downpour for the last few days and doesn't look like much is changing soon. Luckily, painting (and gluing) can just as easily take place indoors!

For May I'll be whipping up a few mercenaries. Namely: Sue, a librarian, a trapper, and two Ronin (guess I better decide which two), along with my Easter self-present, the Nightmare Coryphee. Total comes to 47 soulstones.

large.20170501_100624.jpg.fd3e91590833ad01ec23c3255944a865.jpg

• Like 2

Have to say first off how much I am enjoying seeing all the different takes on models...totally inspiring 

For May and 9SS I will finish Carlos Vasquez  who I started last month... then I will carry on with the Performer theme with two Coryphee for  7SS each....If I get on well with those I will start on one of the Mounted Guards I just picked up

large.IMG_2919.JPG.cef5bbbf6018f9b8c51c2e357da494b6.JPG

• Like 4

So for May I'll be working towards finishing the Slurids, Gupp Swarms, Sanctioned Spellcaster and Governor's Proxy that I proposed in March. The Slurids have not been cooperating so I've rebase coated two of them as punishment. I'm also adding 2 Guild Riflemen to the pool.

11 hours ago, CactusJack said:

... The Slurids have not been cooperating so I've rebase coated two of them as punishment....

?...sometimes that's the only way to get a result....sorry for your hassle...but kind of glad to know it doesn't just happen to me 

• Like 1

Here are my models for May:

Minis_Mayo.png

The two freikorps I didn't paint in April (2 x 5 SS) + 2 December Acolytes (2 x 7 SS) + Wendigo (3 SS) = 27 SS. If there is time left I'll squish Leveticus in May, if not he'll wait until June.

• Like 4