Ways to handle suits in Gremlins?

Folomo

Considering the high amount of triggers we have, and how negative some of them are, adding suits can be pretty important for Gremlins. I am playing mostly with Somer, so I can get the suit I want on my models (with some luck). But if you don't, what ways do we have to handle suits to other models?

SS(Henchmen, Masters): Add a suit to a duel/flip.

Somer/Skeeter: Discard a card and friendly gremlins within 6" add the adds  the discarded card suit

Lenny: non-master friendly pigs or gremlins within 3" add rams.

Old Major: Discard a card and a friendly pig gains a condition that adds the discarded card suit (and moves 4").

Earl Burns:  Zzip or Construct nearby can gain a suit.

Not many it seems :S. Any other way to add suits?

I suppose you could sort of consider Bayou Two Card a suit-manipulator, though it's better for avoiding bad suits than getting specific ones.

The only other model I can think of off the top of my head with suit manipulation available in Gremlins are Nurses with Illegible Prescriptions (and I guess all the mercs like Bishop, Hans et al who have some sort of suit gaining action or ability)

If you want to get technical, Mah's upgrade for the Emmissary provides suits to the initiative flip.

Honestly, Somer(and by extension his skeeters), Lenny, Earl, and Old Major are the only ones really to do it.    But at the same time, avoiding bad suits is only really a thing on a handful of models (Piglets, war pigs, bayou gremlins, and Gracie are the only ones with a potentially detrimental trigger that comes to mind)

Gremlins are pretty much the only faction with that much "Have a free suit"  as an available action.  It's the only one that can give it to other models that I'm aware of.   It's very VERY strong, probably the strongest feature in our faction.  It probably shouldn't be spread around too much.

• Like 1

On ‎27‎.‎4‎.‎2017 at 6:41 PM, codingCaptor said:

But at the same time, avoiding bad suits is only really a thing on a handful of models (Piglets, war pigs, bayou gremlins, and Gracie are the only ones with a potentially detrimental trigger that comes to mind)

Well, there's also Trixie's Gun, Stuffed Piglets, Iron Skeeters and Roosters shooting which all have purely negative triggers. Also, Lightning Bugs, Wild Boars, Mech Porks and Roosters meleeing have Triggers that might be detrimental in some situations but that they still have to always take.

Bounty is one way to mitigate the detrimental Triggers, btw, since the majority of them happen on Crows.

• Like 1