Weekly blog - Monomatana and scary guys. Ep. 1

Monomatana

Ok. Here the thing. I thought it'll be cool not wait another N days to post and show you guys the prosess! Mcmourning and Dufrasne.

Usually I tried to do as I see on a original art. And today I had my first experience of painting facial hair. Well, early unshaven skin or whatever. So here wat I did.

1.  step: paint all the skin (whith basics, hightlits and ets.)
  2.  step: Game colour "Cold grey", the same as my primer colour on models, in wash form (in consistency as a liquid snot, lol) all over unshaved areas
  3.  step: Cold grey + darker grey (Game colour "Black grey" in my case) in skin folds.

And I pretty like the result! Check it out. Lovely couple aren't they...

2gwJmcBFexI.jpg 

AND.....BONUS! Why? Because I can!

HQ0WGhXSL-w.jpg

Hail yourselves and be fun!

• Like 7

Hi everyone! 

Fresh post on this sunny (thx Saint-Petersburg thx) beautifull day. Today I want to show you guys my finished "lovely couple" aka. MacMourning and Dufresne and also there bases.
Talking about a base, here's a research part. As you all know MacMourning's lab is located under the ground in canalization. So it'll be cool to embrace a great choice of place to work, right? I decided little bit of a stone and little bit of nasty disgusting or maybe even poison water/dirt will be excellent.
But being unprepared girl without any patience I decided not going to my local store or ordering online and to made them myself! 

You decide did I suceed or not but here's the prosess:

1. I had two rolling pins (wood and stone textures) so I used stone one and green stuff all over two bases. 
  2. After green stuff dried I took it out and cut each into two different pices.
  3. Boring part of sculpting and glueing them togther on original bases in a way when one part is flat and another is whith a stone texture on it.
  4. Making small stinky bubbles out of green stuff and glueing them where ever I want them to apear in a disgusting green dirty water.

7xQdiS2Nl-c.jpg

I think I needed to do less rough hightlight strokes on Dufrasne's dress. But that look though and blood! I like to do dried blood on cloth. Write down if you want to know how I did it. If you don't I still love you.

4hE5msH-pOw.jpg

Nurse 1. I will call her Sindy.

whcfc4TxLQM.jpg

Nurse 2. I will call her Nancy.

LNyCjCMxHYo.jpg

Tell me what you think!

And guess what? Bonus comic! Yeah!

trE4aLk6HY0.jpg

Hail yourselves and be fun!

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

So two and a half years ago we found this amazing skirmish game Helldorado. They have realy nice sculpturing and consept. Unfortunaty in Russia there isn't any comunity so in fact nobody to play with.  I painted three models and stoped but after I got through all my miniature painting the idea to paint some of that always sit in a corner of my mind.
Finaly today it's happening. Here's wip of Jawrs of the Deep from Lost fracsion

46q96DRvd-g.jpg

• Like 1

On 17.05.2017 at 10:04 PM, ChrisB76 said:

Love the comic style of Johan and the flesh / skin of the construct. Really good stuff. Your blendings are getting better and better or is it just my Imagination? :) Keep up the good work

Thank you! I will 

For today let's talk about dogs. Because they are cute, awesome and...dead! Yeah.
Here's man and his little buddy (it's kind a funny in comparison with Sebastian's height). And Canine remains painted using "speed paint techniques" I know.

N9J5aS57QC0.jpgjckJhTGWnFo.jpg

• Like 5

On 01.06.2017 at 11:00 PM, Torsul said:

Great Models! Do you mknd sharing your colors and method for the puppet wood? I tried for exact this look but it went ... let's say less perfect ....

Thank you. Sure!
I was using next Game Color: as base color - "Khaki", as hightlights - "Bonewhite" and "Pale yellow", as a shadows - "Leather brown" and mix of "Leather brown" and any black I got for places where puppet's parts are connected.
The process was next:

1. Apply base color all ower the "wood"
  2. Cover light places with mix of khaki and bonewhite (as thin as possible, even like a glaze) using as a source original art.  
    It's working for me everytime to be honest. QpyxogouIok.jpg
  3. Using "Leather brown" apply first shadow. 
  4. Apply "Bonewhite" as a final highlight (light strokes like on a wood texture and dots).
  5. This step is tricky. I used mix of  "Leather brown" +black,  just 'Leather brown" and with a 2/0 brush (the thinest I have) and light strokes I started to paint "wood cracks"ppy9Gkl1oow.jpg   uvUPAi-YUNk.jpg.  TO make them even, "three-dimensional" and more natural I hightlight every "crack" with "Bonewhite".
  6. Final step - outline connections with "Leather brows" +black.

I hope it'll help you. Be free to ask anything.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...