TTB 2E Info Request

Guyon

I saw that there is going to be a TTB 2E RPG book released.  Is there a page that explains more, like release date and price?  I also saw that it will be combining the Fated Almanac and Fatemaster’s Almanac into a single book.

Do they have a name for this book to keep confusion down?  Anyone know if wil lbe reelased in PDF so I can read on my pad?

Thanks

I don't remember seeing a specific date. Just later this year. (*edit: Mason said summer*) 

No price discussed as yet. 

I think 2nd edition is the only title discussed at this point in public. (*edit: Mason just pointed out that in my excitement I missed that the title Core Rules has been given to the book*)  But given that Fated Almanac and Fate masters almanac will be merged, there should not be confusion. All the other books will be fully compatible. So no needs for 2nd edition versions of those. 

Given everything else has been converted to pdf, I would think this will as well. But no official word yet and if it does happen it will be 4-6 weeks after the book hits the shelves most likely as that has been the practice up until now. 

Edited by Shadowopal

34 minutes ago, Guyon said:

I saw that there is going to be a TTB 2E RPG book released.  Is there a page that explains more, like release date and price?  I also saw that it will be combining the Fated Almanac and Fatemaster’s Almanac into a single book.

Do they have a name for this book to keep confusion down?  Anyone know if wil lbe reelased in PDF so I can read on my pad?

Thanks

Link!

The book is called the Core Rules, and the expected release date is this summer.

• Like 3

On 4/17/2017 at 9:49 AM, Shadowopal said:

I think 2nd edition is the only title discussed at this point in public.

The title From Nightmares was off hand mentioned in the expansion book Under Quarantine on the topic of Nephilim Blood Sickness. I don't recall if these were official mentions or not, but it is supposedly the next expansion (excluding Core 2e because it is the main rule set) for the series and will talk about the Neverborn, the Knotwoods to the west, options on playing a Twisted Character, and other Neverborn Flavored options. Again, this is either rumors or details that I cannot find the source for. I can safely(-ish) say that it will be after Core 2e and it doesn't have a release date either.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DarkSpade said:

I've read in various different threads that there are some skills, talents, and such that are going away in 2nd ed.  Is there a list of things to avoid if a player wants to future proof their fated?

No.

The book mentions the Skills that are changed and how to substitute them, but all of the basic Pursuits are changing.

I would recommend just finishing up the current campaign before starting up a 2nd edition campaign.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/12/2017 at 4:10 PM, NobbyTheKing said:

Which Zathras was that? Was that Zathras, or Zathras? It could havebeen Zathras though.

It was Zathras.

"Zathras is used to being beast of burden to other people's needs. Very sad life. Probably have very sad death. But, at least there is symmetry."  

Sounds like he's got quite the proper outlook for Malifaux, as well...

• Like 1

So! We have a July release date!

YAY!!

On a related note, will Wyrd be participating in a "bits n mortar" kind of deal where the pdf (if one exists) is paired with a physical purchase? TIt's great tp have a version I can carry with me for when I'm working on campaigns etc on the fly!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This makes me happy. I was planning on running a full, year-long(academic year, that is) campaign with my college's RPG club. Right now I'm just doing one shots, so being to run 2nd edition for the campaign is gonna be great.