Maulwurfmanns World of Malifaux

Maulwurfmann

How to improve? Well, its really hard to say not only because the minis are very well painted, but also because Malifaux minis are often too small for you to make any meaningful difference. 

Sure you could play with atmosphere and dramatise them a bunch, but for high level gaming minis these are suitable.

I find it hard to criticize gaming figures nowadays anyway, because I spent personally a lot of time on technique only to realize technique won't guarantee a pretty miniature, and there is a limit how good minis of this size will look. My minis haven't reached this limit, but yours have. It's really not a mystery why large scale figures constantly do well in contests these days. Now, after the technique is down it comes down to artistry, realism and taste..

For example, why would you improve certain blends or contrasts etc, because the difference will be do miniscule and only apparent in photographs if at all. Now, you could go for something different, but why if this is what you want them to look like?

Really good job and there's nothing really wrong with these. Keep on painting :)

• Like 4

There is plenty of use. Especialliy the ground colors. Most of the fog and light effect of the rockets was made with Airbrush (and a little with normal brush). The swamp and wood was made with AB. I painted the captain and the backpack seperate so i could work free with the fog. Added a litte light to the captian afterwards with normal brush. I can´t do eyes or small things but it really fastens your work on large base colors.

• Like 1

On 23.4.2017 at 8:57 PM, ChrisB76 said:

Do you mask out the other areas when doing the base colors? By any chance You don't have any photos from the airbrush step of your model? 

Not really, just doing the first step with ab so i can paint over the things it should not hit.

I have a photo of the finished smoke effect after i´m done with the Airbrush. But i will do more step fotos of the iron skeeters which are planned to be sprayed on weekend. Also i´m trying to do some weathering with masking on them.

KUESVLR.jpg

On 23.4.2017 at 10:58 PM, sigmar3 said:

Hey, really nice painting. Across the board great

Thank you very much :)

Yesterday i finished Earl Burns, not totally happy with the blue dungarees but he will do.

yreGpBC.jpg

So stay tuned for more pirates ;)

• Like 8

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Maulwurfmann said:

Why the heck are all my pictures on the side? How can i upload more pics then 0,5 mb?

Don't know why it's sideways. Forum image capacity is intentionally very limited. Get a third party hosting site and link from there. I see Imgur used a lot, but you've got options if you google a bit.

and daaam that's one nice wip.

On 14.9.2017 at 12:52 AM, FatRat said:

wow the black on the Gaki looks realy good. Could u make a guide or somethingXD?

I´m not sure if there is very mucht to make a guide of. Its plain Model Color Black highlighted as smooth as possible with some blue-grey like sombre grey or shadow grey. :) Maybe i can take pictures next time i try the black.

On 16.9.2017 at 11:50 AM, Ramona Laydon said:

Just WOW! I'm impressed how all your work looks like. The dress on Student of conflict has so pretty color, I think I will try to grub this color scheme for some of my minis. ;)

It´s magenta flou from Model Color. But it´s glossy as hell when i used it. Had to prime the whole mini matt so the gloss would fade. Feel free to do so.