Mounted Guard

Cadaverousbirth

Now that these ponies are up to snuff and out in the public, how are you finding them performing in your games? Have they found a decent place in GG2017?

I ask because I haven't picked them up from my LGS yet, and I want to live vicariously through others.

Side question - with the inclusion of Allison Dade, do Guardsmen-centric lists make the cut in a year mostly focused on schemey-ness and control?

• Like 1

I tried Allison dade lists before, and found her really really fragile, which didn't go well with her auras.  Her damage potential is guild average(with Guardsmen), and her scheming/scheme denying is well above average.  I'm sure Ill give her another try when tailem isn't in the pool with nellie and aonius for a crew of all slow all the time, but that is all I'm seeing with her.

I've had fun with mounted guard, but their lists are almost always just a gimmick for me.

Yup you read my mind.  Maybe there is a need for a nellie build that eats activations, then brings a model into the mounted guard's charge range, and then allows an additional charge directly into your opponent's crew with the model brought forward turn 1. (maybe even a fast executioner).  I'll have to try it thursday, see how well it works out.

8 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

Yup you read my mind.  Maybe there is a need for a nellie build that eats activations, then brings a model into the mounted guard's charge range, and then allows an additional charge directly into your opponent's crew with the model brought forward turn 1. (maybe even a fast executioner).  I'll have to try it thursday, see how well it works out.

You can take the Guardsman Accomplice upgrade since For the Guild is a non-built in trigger after damagin

• Like 1

6 hours ago, trikk said:

You can take the Guardsman Accomplice upgrade since For the Guild is a non-built in trigger after damagin

Or take Francisco who comes with companion built it. 9ss to just move an executioner a few inches is a lot.

On 20-4-2017 at 6:35 AM, Ludvig said:

Or take Francisco who comes with companion built it. 9ss to just move an executioner a few inches is a lot.

then again  an executioner with df 7  turn 1 in enemy lines  is quite fun and realistic in a Nelly crew

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Played with the two ponies last night with the Foxhunt list. First one got curb stomped by a Vik....in my deployment zone...so that didn't feel good but hardly their fault. The second helped score Stash twice and lasted against two Ronin and Vanessa until turn 4 thank season to their +Df aura. 

First impressions are really solid for 7ss. I think there will be a lot of use pulling an Executioner or Grimwell along with them. Timing and Masks in hand will be really important to get the cavalry charge + their tag along to activate afterwards. Good old Crit Strike will pop up every couple attacks and make their damage respectable. 

So, I like them, but I need more practice to unlock them. Allison Dade is next on the painting table too...

5 minutes ago, dannydb said:

Am thinking of building a all mounted/hound list with 2 Mounted guard for my next gang, however just wondering what is the best thing to bring along as a bit of a damage dealer I guesss Executioners, Grimwell or Bishop are all options

Francisco is also nice. Being placed in range for the flurry and able to companion without the trigger is really handy. He goes, buffs the guardsmans defence/willpower and smacks the shit out of something.

12 minutes ago, Vorschlag said:

henchmen only? just so we don't wind up with executioner or peacekeeper on a horse?

Non-construct would do it. I wouldn't mind seeing an executioner in a cowboy hat breaking the back of a poor pony (converted from Reva naturally) :D

• Like 4