Jakob Lynch - A Comprehensive Guide to Gambling

Cadaverousbirth

12 hours ago, ringsnake said:

I've been ignoring 52?pickup and final debt to instead focus on him as a support master with addict, expert cheater, and the rising sun, and let his crew do all the murdering. He just focuses on handing out brilliance.

Huggy and Illuminated just murder and run schemes like crazy.

I have to try him  that way. Sometimes I see him as a one trick pony.

On 4/24/2017 at 5:27 PM, ringsnake said:

I've been ignoring 52?pickup and final debt to instead focus on him as a support master with addict, expert cheater, and the rising sun, and let his crew do all the murdering. He just focuses on handing out brilliance.

Huggy and Illuminated just murder and run schemes like crazy.

Often enough that's how I'll play him too, with him and huggy stepping in to dish out the damage only when it comes down to the wire. But give aggressive lynch a try sometime, it's pretty fun! If you mill through a bunch of cards on turn one to pick up aces, then turn two lure in a couple of suckers to eat some play for blood and a pile of aces.

Cute trick to mill aces in a lynch crew: hire a pair of blood wretches and a depleted. Have the depleted move up field and then the wretches charge. Have the depleted relent and you're flipping almost half of your deck [24 cards!] just from that interaction on turn one. Unless things go very awry you should end with a mitt full of aces, two blood wretches that are positioned upfield, and a depleted at deaths door, ready to explode on an enemy model. Of course you can do this turn two when you're more likely to need those aces as well, and possibly position the depleted to pop on an enemy after the bloodwretch onslaught.

EDIT: if you toss in Aionus you can pitch a card for each bloodwretch to make them fast, so they can activate their 'the rage builds' tactical. You'll only get one go out of your depleted because of the bonus damage, but you'll see an extra 8 cards, and can just discard [and pick back up] aces to the discard effect. This should [in a perfect world] end with your hand stocked full of aces plus 8 extra cards! Expensive to set up, but it only eats a turn worth of activations for the bloodwretches and give you a potential 16 cards in hand for final debt!