Paper golem and gamin

2 minutes ago, EnternalVoid said:

Depends on what is the purpose.  Are we talking Shikigami or some sort of mass/pile of animate paper?  Really depends on how creative/dangerous you want it to be.

Like a mass of papers and books like an animated library for the golem and shikigami for the gamin is what I had in mind 

I see two ways of going about it, either create whole new abilities and stats or modify the gamin and golem, depends on what you want.

If you go the modify gamin and Golem route I would use mix and match the elemental portion a bit.  I would make the demise for the gamin do Blind and Slow, representing the papers getting in people's faces and field of vision, but no damage.  For the golem I would fall it "Tidal wave of paper", have it do 1 damage, Blind, and Slow.  I then would give them a trigger on its attacks, off Tomes, called "Its in my Face!" that basically gives Blind until the end of the model's next turn.  I would likely only give the Golem Armor +1, but give a Tome trigger where it reduces damage by 2 called, Non-essential volume.  No armor on the Gamin, but give them a defense trigger like the 10T brothers off of Tome.  Call it Sway with the Wind, After Resolving this model gains the Defensive +1 condition till the start of its next activation.

Likely also give both of them something where if they take damage from burning it deals damage +1.

• Like 2

Sorry it took so long, I forgot I had to do this, here is my recommendation.

Firstly, use the Gamin/Golem profiles from into the steam assuming you have it and give it the following abilities.

-Flight: This character is immune to falling damage and may ignore terrain and other characters while moving. (I thought this would make sense seeing as it's an animated cluster of paper that has to move somehow)

-Shredding Demise; This character's demise talent deals 2 damage. If this character is a golem, it deals +1 damage.

-Literary Amalgamation: This character can destroy a nearby source of paper such as a note book or stack of documents to heal 1 damage, if this character is a golem, it heals +1 damage.

These are my recommendations if you plan to use the theme written of an animated bunch of paper forming a gamin. Hope I could be more of use.

• Like 2

I actually think I will use this concept for a secondary character the fated have pissed off. The character in question is a M&SU bureaucrat who now has the ability to summon shikigami (paper gamin) and hulking libraries (paper golems) when ever he has access to a large amount of paper.

• Like 1

I have written out some profiles based on my idea, I'll leave them here if anyone (mainly captaineinsteinalucard) would like to see them...

Hulking Library (Enforcer)

Enforcer+8, Construct, Golem

Might          Grace           Speed          Resilience

5                 0                 0                   3    

Charm        Intellect       Cunning        Tenacity

-3               -1                 1                 2 

Defense       Walk            Height         Initiative

2(10)          4                   3               2(10)     Willpower   Charge        Wounds

5(13)        4                10

Skills: Notice 2, Pugilism 3(Rams), Toughness 4

Talents:  Armor +2: Reduce all damage this character by +2 to a minimum of 1.

Shredding Demise: When this character is killed, all characters within (X)2 suffer 3 damage.

Flight: This character is immune to falling damage and may ignore terrain when moving.

Melee Expert: This character generates 1 extra AP which can only be used on close combat actions.

(1) Talon (Pugilism)

AV: 8R(16R) == Range: 2 ==== Resist: Defense

Target suffers 3/4/6 damage

(3) Smash (Pugilism)

Rams: Toss: After succeeding, push the target up to 10 yards in any direction.

AV: 8R(16R) == Range: 1 ==== Resist: Defense

Target suffers 9/10/12 damage

(1) Literary Amalgamation

This character destroys a large nearby source of paper such as an encyclopedia and heals 2 wound

Shikigami (Minion)

Minion+5, Construct, Gamin

Might          Grace           Speed          Resilience

2               2                  0                   1      

Charm        Intellect       Cunning        Tenacity

-3               -1                1                   2 

Defense       Walk            Height         Initiative

4(9)           4                  1                 3(8)      Willpower   Charge        Wounds

4(9)         4                 5

Skills: Evade 2, Notice 2, Pugilism 3, Thrown Weapons 2

Talents:  Armor +1: Reduce all damage this character by +1 to a minimum of 1.

Shredding Demise: When this character is killed, all characters within (X)2 suffer 2 damage.

Flight: This character is immune to falling damage and may ignore terrain when moving.

(1) Claw (Pugilism)

AV: 5(10) ==== Range: 1 ==== Resist: Defense

Target suffers 1/3/4 damage

(1) Paper Shredder (Thrown Weapons)

AV: 4(9) ===== Range: 8 ==== Resist: Defense

Target suffers 1/3/4 damage

(1) Literary Amalgamation

This character destroys a nearby source of paper such as a note book or stack of documents and heals 1 wound.

• Like 3