We're currently updating the site and a few things may run slow or not as expected at the moment. Give us a day or two to get everything sorted out and changed up if you would.

One of the new things you'll see about are the 'sticky notes' which you will occasionally see from the site Admins if something important shows up or is newsworthy, or if you happen to be in one of our many beta testing groups giving you an additional heads up when something new needs to be looked at or sorted.

You can send these amongst yourselves as well if you wish, just don't abuse it. 

Thanks for your patience!

Nathan Caroland Nathan Caroland
Carrrl

What do you like about the Cult of the Burning Man?

Carrrl   

Fire burning bright above, madness for magic and tricky techniques. No matter if you have converted to the Cult by free will or have been shaped by his blazing might, I want to hear your thoughts. 

It might be their trickster play style or many unique sculpts, share the positive things you feel about this allegiance. And only the positive, as you never know if he listens.

retnab   

Oh, so many reasons.  Firstly, their aethetics are great.  I'm a big fan of The Warped in particular, magical body horror done right can just look fantastic.  The Twisted Horrors give a nice polarizing view to them as well, so we have both the people who properly harnessed their magical changes and those who were consumed by it for some great variety in how wild the body horror gets.

Also, their game mechanics.  I love the hit and run, hop across the map styles of gameplay, and the Cult's Portals and Adeodatos provide that in spades (if you're a fan of Warmahordes, it feels like what Circle wishes it could be).  They also have an excellent spread of model's roles.  Everything in the faction has a purpose and a place, and nothing feels especially outdone in that role by anything else.  Internal balance is awesome!

Lastly and most importantly, I like the feel of them on the board.  I've played every Allegiance and every Commander several times over in the beta and the Cult are the ones that I just feel like I have the best connection with, gameplay-wise.  The way they play just feels right to me.

So yeah, I'm all about the Burning Man.  Burn, baby, burn!

PORTALS!!!

Portals and magic in general, the old ones worshippers style (fav unit is doomseekers), and personality of every single model! There are no equals! Even better, you can see some dudes across the units (I think I saw the man with the big hat in 3 units in different stages of mutation).

Wolfpact   

I was sold right away by aesthetics alone. But then I heard how they operate and fell even more in love.

Overall they're just a grand-slam for me on all cylinders.

I Chose them for their look too. They have a lot of different Models in the squads and they all are very interresting.

My favorites are the Doom Seekers and the Black Ops 

Black Ops...saw them.....saw the Warped....saw the Doomseekers....kerrr-ching ! Sold immediately....visually seem to tie in immediately to my favourite Malifaux faction The Neverborn.....and then portals....portals really got my attention....have gone dual commander and via Kassa/Horomatangi may end up dual faction.....but until the reveal of Syndicate models these guys are my firm favourite in a game with a knockout range of figures

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.