Welcome to Wyrd Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Carrrl

What do you like about the Cult of the Burning Man?

4 posts in this topic

Fire burning bright above, madness for magic and tricky techniques. No matter if you have converted to the Cult by free will or have been shaped by his blazing might, I want to hear your thoughts. 

It might be their trickster play style or many unique sculpts, share the positive things you feel about this allegiance. And only the positive, as you never know if he listens.

Oh, so many reasons.  Firstly, their aethetics are great.  I'm a big fan of The Warped in particular, magical body horror done right can just look fantastic.  The Twisted Horrors give a nice polarizing view to them as well, so we have both the people who properly harnessed their magical changes and those who were consumed by it for some great variety in how wild the body horror gets.

Also, their game mechanics.  I love the hit and run, hop across the map styles of gameplay, and the Cult's Portals and Adeodatos provide that in spades (if you're a fan of Warmahordes, it feels like what Circle wishes it could be).  They also have an excellent spread of model's roles.  Everything in the faction has a purpose and a place, and nothing feels especially outdone in that role by anything else.  Internal balance is awesome!

Lastly and most importantly, I like the feel of them on the board.  I've played every Allegiance and every Commander several times over in the beta and the Cult are the ones that I just feel like I have the best connection with, gameplay-wise.  The way they play just feels right to me.

So yeah, I'm all about the Burning Man.  Burn, baby, burn!

1 person likes this

PORTALS!!!

Portals and magic in general, the old ones worshippers style (fav unit is doomseekers), and personality of every single model! There are no equals! Even better, you can see some dudes across the units (I think I saw the man with the big hat in 3 units in different stages of mutation).

1 person likes this

I was sold right away by aesthetics alone. But then I heard how they operate and fell even more in love.

Overall they're just a grand-slam for me on all cylinders.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor