Shoot from two different buildings

clivio

Question

Hi,

we have a question.

The Raptor go in the center of a building, height 2 inch, 1 inch away from the edge. Raptor height 1 inch.
The Stitched clibs a wall with height 1 inch. Stitched height 2 inch.

Why can't i see the Raptor?

Thanks

Senzanome.gif.faeef07594e469373c25d31cfc8af634.gif

9 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, clivio said:

In a tournament referee tell me that i can't see him (the raptor), because i can't draw a lane between the sideburns.

They were wrong. Not only is the ledge of the terrain ignored for LoS because the Raptor is within it's Ht of the edge of the terrain, the entire piece of terrain is ignored for LoS between them under Vantage Point rules because the lower model has a Ht equal to the piece of terrain.

1 hour ago, Artiee said:

WOW. Your question really does not match the picture.    So the Stiched is not standing on the wall?  And the raptor is at greater than 1" from the edge?

By vantage rules the stiched can't see the raptor nor the raptor can see the stitched.   if the stiched was on the wall, the same thing would be true by a  quirk in the rules.  

Yes, they can. Terrain that is equal to or less than the Ht of the lower model is ignored for LoS under the vantage point rules. 

2 minutes ago, clivio said:

Now, the image is correct.

If they can't see each other, this rule don't work very well.

The Line of sight rules are quite abstract. Because the house is following the vantage point rules they can see each other. If for some reason the building isn't following those rules, then they can't. (

If you had the stiched on a Ht 2 building and the raptor on a Ht 3 building, then they couldn't see each other even using vantage point rules.

The important vantage point LOS rule here is 
•Terrain that is equal to or less than the Ht of the lower model is ignored for LoS (but not cover).

The rules don't work all that well on a very multi-height board. 

1 hour ago, santaclaws01 said:

They were wrong. Not only is the ledge of the terrain ignored for LoS because the Raptor is within it's Ht of the edge of the terrain, the entire piece of terrain is ignored for LoS between them under Vantage Point rules because the lower model has a Ht equal to the piece of terrain.

I'm sorry. In the image not is corretly. The Raptors is more  than 1 inch (1,5 inch). 

In the rules for elevation, you don't add the height of the terrain you are on to the ht of the model.

And so your stitched on the Ht 1 terrain can't just see over the Ht 2 terrain. He is NOT ht 3 for the purposes of LOS, he is still Ht 2 and will have his line of sight blocked by Ht 2 terrain pieces which block line of sight

WOW. Your question really does not match the picture.    So the Stiched is not standing on the wall?  And the raptor is at greater than 1" from the edge?

By vantage rules the stiched can't see the raptor nor the raptor can see the stitched.   if the stiched was on the wall, the same thing would be true by a  quirk in the rules.