Bournemouth Malifaux 27th May 2017

Doctor Dave

I have been given the opportunity to expand this event.  So, having reached 16 players, if no one has any objections (and I shall wait a reasonable while before deciding so) we can potentially go up to 20 players.  If anyone who has a ticket objects, then please let me know and we won't do so, otherwise, I shall make the change on Monday.  Thanks guys

Highly enjoyable tournament yesterday, good to meet some of the locals and see some of my friends come across from Woking, Oxford and wherever else.

Some minor gripes that can be easily fixed.

• Table numbers. The event worked without but it would've been easier and more organised with them.
  • Times. Dave did a solid job of calling times for the most part but a clock or something downstairs would help a lot.
  • @Doctor Dave use Bag-o-Tools next time :P

The more major gripe however was terrain.
A good portion of the tables were excellent some were really lacking and unfortunately although I still had fun in my second round the terrain, or lack of, really effected the game negatively.

Now I totally understand getting a collection up and running for game that uses so much like Malifaux is hard and I don't begrudge the TO or the store for not quite having enough but it's definitely something that will need looking at in the future.
And I say this from experience, I was down money wise from some events to make sure I had terrain and didn't need to ask to borrow so much so when I say I understand I really do.

But yeah, great event, everyone was lovely, three fun games, nice to catch up with some people, see some new faces and the staff and store were great too.
Price support was also cracking and makes me wish I didn't decide to go all experimental :D

Thanks again all and congratulations to Kendall on the win.

• Like 1

Final Standings

1 Kendall McKenzie Gremlins 9  15    23
2 George Hollingdale  Arcanists 9  13 23
3 Matt Lewin Guild  12 24
4 Jonathon Stokes Arcanists 6    9 22
5 Liam Coupland Guild 6 3 21
6 Daniel Mitchell Outcasts 6 2 15
7 Richard Beams Gremlins 6 1 21
8 Ben Leslie Gremlins 6 1 17
9 Adam Perry TenThunders 6 0 21
10 Andres Gonzalez Arcanists 3 -1 23
11 Ben Sime Arcanists 3 -1 15
12 Tobias Dracup Resurrectionists 3 -2 20
13 Andy Thorngate Gremlins 3 -3 22
14 Oz Goff TenThunders 3 -5 18
15 Sean Wheeliker Neverborn 3 -5 15
16 Shaunie Red Neverborn 3 -13 12
17 Elliot House Neverborn 0 -11 15

Agree with all comments and suggestions made by mr psientologist above.

It was a really fun and good natured tournament, I played three cracking (and very close!) games against three great, sporting, fun players.

with a few tweaks to terrain and table numbers it would have been perfect!

ps sorry for being late ?

• Like 1