March 2017 FAQ

Lucidicide

So just to make sure I got this right, 

Allison Dade targets an enemy Ryle using her "One More Question" She is within 6" of a friendly guardsman so she makes a 1/2/3. and flips week

She gets the "How Do You Explain What Happened at Innocence?" forcing Ryle to take 2 damage.

Ryle gets his Df: Grind to a halt and gains +2 armor for a total of 3 Armor.

Dade was at a negative during the duel and flipped weak for 1, then because of the FAQ's her trigger is "a part of the Action which caused them" so she does a total of 3 damage which is reduced to 1. as opposed to doing 1 damaged from the attack then an additional 2 which would be reduced to 1 but for a total of 2 damage.

Is this correct?

So this is another instance where I will have to rely SOOOO much on my opponent remembering this. There are so many instances where I just say, "just tell me what happens I trust you" because its just so hard to know all of the other details of my opponents crew. 

I actually like this aspect, makes Malifaux what it is. Just have to live with the occasional aftermath of "oh that game last week actually shouldn't have gone that way..."

I find that keeping things casual really helps mitigate all the complex and sometimes overlooked rule evolution. I am curious how other groups handle this? A post for a different thread I think...

Thx for the update.

I feel that many things inside the FAQ would justify an errata session of the rulebook and some of the cards, if only to clarify the wording and add clarifications inside the rules.

Now that we have an electronic free version of the rulebook, an update would be more than welcome.

22 pages of FAQ is getting a bit too big and inconvenient when training new players (and annoying for old players as well :p).

• Like 1

Quick questions regarding

• 51 - Conditions gained during Upkeep can process during the Upkeep step.

I have a model that reaches the end step with Burning +2 and Poison +2. I am the first player. I resolve my burning +2 and take 2 damage and remove the condition. I resolve my Poison+2 take 1 damage and lower the condition to poison +1. Then play 2 has a poison gamin and a fire gamin both die next to me. So I now have Poison+2 and Burning+1. 

I understand that the FAQ clarifies that I will now resolve the burning again as this is a new condition, but do I resolve the poison again since I have already resolved the condition on me?

And the slightly more complicated version. 

I am a model with Hard to kill. I have 8 wounds poison +1 and burning +1. I am the first player. Nearby is an enemy poison gamin on 1 wound with Burning+1 and 2 enemy fire gamin with 1 wound each and poison +1 each. 

I resolve my burning and poison as I am the first player. 2 damage. Player 2 now starts to resolve his condition effects in an order of his choosing. He resolves 1 fire gamin, exploding dealing 1 damage and burning +1 to me. Do I now go back to resolve my burning condition as player 1 before player 2 resolved Gamin 2?

(I had planed a complicated set up where if I resolved my poison a second time first i lived due to hard to kill but if I resolved buring first I die, and then realised the question doesn't need me to go so far. I also took out all reliance on he first question answer for it to work). 

• Like 3

Hey Aaron,

There's this rather contentious conversation that's come up on the Facebook group about Dade's hand reveal and whether it's appropriate to record the player's hand. It's also grown to incorporate the question of what's permissible as a reference in playing Malifaux.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AWYRDPLACE/permalink/617362651794136/

I've already said my piece on the Facebook group that I think it's polite to allow my opponent to record my hand when revealed, especially since people may have memory issues more severe than the average person - enough to put them in that grey space where they can function socially but need a bit of help, and it's not my place to interrogate them about whether they do (especially since they may have internalized societal stigma and feel bad about their being disabled, therefore being less willing to bring it up).

I'm not sure if such things as hand recording or the larger issue of references is covered precisely, but those two things might need greater consideration for the next FAQ.

Just bringing to your attention :)