We're currently updating the site and a few things may run slow or not as expected at the moment. Give us a day or two to get everything sorted out and changed up if you would.

One of the new things you'll see about are the 'sticky notes' which you will occasionally see from the site Admins if something important shows up or is newsworthy, or if you happen to be in one of our many beta testing groups giving you an additional heads up when something new needs to be looked at or sorted.

You can send these amongst yourselves as well if you wish, just don't abuse it. 

Thanks for your patience!

Nathan Caroland Nathan Caroland

bedjy   

Hi everyone, I hope I'm posting in the right place.

I've heard many rumors about something that should be called a myth now ! : The French version of Malifaux !

Do you have an idea of when we can expect the translation ? Some friends of us do not speak any word of english and are desperate to play the game. Do we really have to make them do something else ?

Really looking forward some news about this chapter.

Adran   

This was the most upto date thread on foriegn rules, which basically seems to say that the process is taking much longer than they want/expect for unspecified reasons. (Written november last year)

bedjy   
On 30/03/2017 at 11:43 AM, Adran said:

This was the most upto date thread on foriegn rules, which basically seems to say that the process is taking much longer than they want/expect for unspecified reasons. (Written november last year)

The message you reffer to seems to happen in november 2015... We really need more informations coming from wyrd.

Who is the editor ?

why does it take so long ?

When will my friends which do not speak english be able to play this game ?

And please no more rumors.

Adran   

If you read the thread, then It has a post from Nathan, November 2016 

"Yes there are issues. Nothing I'll discuss. Nothing I'm happy about. Working on it." 

It might not be what you want to hear, but thats the last word from anyone that might know. And I guess until those unspecified issues are resolved and they have a release date, they are unlikely to keep us updated and possibly can't tell us anything new anyway.

LTH   

Hi,

I'm a futur beginer in Malifaux, I look at this game from years and that's sure the lack of a french version is the point.

My principal problem is the slow community and the difficulty to make some players agree to use English rules.

As I love the minis and finally take time to read rules, forums, pullmyfinger, S&U, S&S, I will go in.

I know since 2 years all is ready for a french, german and spanish version with a company doing it, with all translation given by the community.

Seem the isue is with this company. and I understand Wyrd can do nothing if they are linked in law.

Now, isn't possible to put the free rules in the 3 languages ready ? can be a first step, and agreed with the spanish company as it will enlarge the players who want also have all the lore.

I think have this free rules, with the English terms linked will help a lot to have players jump in it as they will just have to go with English cards to translate themself.

for my concern, it seem the community in France and in Spain is killed.

this lack of native language rules is a point, and second one is the lack of provider. in France we have no provider for wyrd products, so we can't have a physical shop, they recive products late. I know Wyrd try his best to help physical shop, that's great. but in same time in France we haven't physical shop, so we can only buy online. and the biggest online shop in France have big difficulties to have wyrd products, and at big prices (25% more, when some uk online shop do 20% off, so around 50% to 100% more if we buy to them).

maybe Wyrd can help online shop with promos & co in counties where the game is bad setted, and where no physical shop exist.

maybe we don't need all translated, but at least the free rules, a little change in politic for specified countries, with little effort for make that businessable.

I know the online shop (orange one), provide a translated card for other English only game with agreement of the company and distributor. So players/customers can buy a box without change the packaging and recive in same time a little pack of few pack translated outside the box. I think plenty things can be done without big engagement money and risk on return of Investment.

or maybe let just the community do it. give us right to publish this free rules and FAQ translated. or/and say us when the link law with the spanish copany is breack.

I know it's difficult, but I'm sure we all want have more players for this very nice game.

seen from a futur beginner player without all informations but spending plenty plenty time for found informations about this game and breaking the language problem.

have fun in Malifaux, especialy to Gremlins and Outcast players as I tend to go on that ;p