Booze, Bacon and Boomstick

daniello_s

I recently decided to give Raphael a chance in game I played against Hamelin's. He did surprisingly well combined with glowy McTavish. He would run in and Mark  for death near the end of turn, the McTavish would pop the marked model off the board.It was a really fun game.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Finalscene said:

I recently decided to give Raphael a chance in game I played against Hamelin's. He did surprisingly well combined with glowy McTavish. He would run in and Mark  for death near the end of turn, the McTavish would pop the marked model off the board.It was a really fun game.

That's a pretty hilarious mental picture of a little gremlin running up to someone and going "Shoot him! Him next!", the guy being befuddles by that and then *boom* with McTavish being all cool afterwards blowing smoke from his gun :D 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, wizuriel said:

Really curious to see how you used Sammy with Ophelia. I can't think of any upgrades Ophelia has that Sammy would really want.

My Threatenin' Gun. You never use the attack, but you use the (0) to give Ophelia an extra shot each turn. The :-fate to duels is cancelled out by her :+fate to shoot.

4 minutes ago, Dogmantra said:

My Threatenin' Gun. You never use the attack, but you use the (0) to give Ophelia an extra shot each turn. The :-fate to duels is cancelled out by her :+fate to shoot.

and I guess take Old Cranky instead of Young uns to do the same thing with Ophelia's gun?

50 minutes ago, wizuriel said:

Meant why not use the young LaCroix to just load and use Ophelia's gun instead of Sammy (unless you already took Old Cranky as your totem)

Youngs can't use the (0)Actions from Ophelia's Guns unlike Sammy. (It would be seriously crazy if they could!)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wizuriel said:

Really curious to see how you used Sammy with Ophelia. I can't think of any upgrades Ophelia has that Sammy would really want.

So far I used Sammy with My Threatening Gun just to allow Ophelia (or Francois) to use extra walk action. Sammy herself was used as scheme runner or backup damage dealer although I still don't feel her too much to be honest.

43 minutes ago, daniello_s said:

So far I used Sammy with My Threatening Gun just to allow Ophelia (or Francois) to use extra walk action. Sammy herself was used as scheme runner or backup damage dealer although I still don't feel her too much to be honest.

I still haven't gotten my head 'round Sammy either - beyond the obvious carrying of a Master upgrade.  Taking her with Zoraida is great - she can do horrible things through the Voodo Doll - but with other Masters I just don't seem to be able to make her do much else.  Somehow, I just never seem to be able to get her into the fray.  I know she's Mv 6, but somehow I just never seem to be able to get her within 8" of an enemy model in order to use her Ca.  Maybe I'm just being too shy and protective with her?  Shall keep trying, cause I love her model, and her sneaky-evil abilities  ;-)

P.S.  MOAR Batreps, @daniello_s!!   ;-)

Well, she has beautiful Df7, Wp6 and Wk 6 but only 6Wds so she is not front line brawler definitely. I think she should be lurking behind the front line and wait for a chance to jump out and change enemy scheme marker into Stuffy Piglet just for a craic ;)

• Like 1

On ‎27‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 9:03 AM, daniello_s said:

Well, she has beautiful Df7, Wp6 and Wk 6 but only 6Wds so she is not front line brawler definitely. I think she should be lurking behind the front line and wait for a chance to jump out and change enemy scheme marker into Stuffy Piglet just for a craic ;)

I like Sammy quite close to the front line. Her Jynx action is amazing and can really mess with enemy beaters. Stopping a model whose main purpose is hitting models from walking or charging so they can't do that is great. It can be nearly as good as paralysed. 

22 hours ago, daniello_s said:

I have lost a will to write batreps so I wouldn't expect them coming back soon... Sorry...

That's a real shame as yours were great. But I totally understand - writing batreps is big work.

But I enjoy even this shorter "lessons learned" format with some highlights and thoughts that were provoked by the game. So keep up the good work!

• Like 2

Played 'uber-dirty' Wong list (McTavish, 2x Swine Cursed, Burt, Bug, 2x Bayou Gremlin, Cranky) against Neverborn last weekend. Blood was splashing all over the place but by the turn 5 I was able to clear the table of the Neverbon-scum :)

Friend played Lucius and some sort of BB Shaman - Lawyer - 2x Illuminated combo (give Illuminated Black Blood, give them condition from Lawyer to suffer damage each time they do damage and then use Lucius to push them and hot me hard splashing black blood around) but sheer brutal force of Magical Gremlins prevailed! ;)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, daniello_s said:

Played 'uber-dirty' Wong list (McTavish, 2x Swine Cursed, Burt, Bug, 2x Bayou Gremlin, Cranky) against Neverborn last weekend. Blood was splashing all over the place but by the turn 5 I was able to clear the table of the Neverbon-scum :)

Friend played Lucius and some sort of BB Shaman - Lawyer - 2x Illuminated combo (give Illuminated Black Blood, give them condition from Lawyer to suffer damage each time they do damage and then use Lucius to push them and hot me hard splashing black blood around) but sheer brutal force of Magical Gremlins prevailed! ;)

This list does seem really strong but  what makes you say it was dirty?

42 minutes ago, Finalscene said:

This list does seem really strong but  what makes you say it was dirty?

I was about to say that it includes only models that non-Gremlin players complain about but then I realized that non-Gremlin players tend to complain about most Gremlin models that are played... ;) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 02/08/2017 at 9:53 PM, daniello_s said:

Serves your friend right for net-listing that combo from the Schemes & Stones episodes on Lucius!!  ;)

(Just listened to them myself!)

On 7/26/2017 at 5:24 PM, Bazlord_Prime said:

still haven't gotten my head 'round Sammy either - beyond the obvious carrying of a Master upgrade.

Sammy is great in a Wong crew.  Here are my uses for her:

Wong: Gremlins Luck

Old: Cranky

Sammy: Ooo Glowy

McTavish

Burt

Swine Cursed x 2

Stuffed Piglets x 2

***Note: I used to take Dirty Cheater x 2, but with the change for the Stuffed Piglets, two points had to come out somewhere.  If Quick Murder, Eliminate, or for some reason Burt needs to survive, it doesn't hurt to drop a pig for Dirty Cheater x 2 and/or stilts. 

So, back on track . . . the reasons Sammy are great:

1) Carries Ooo Glowy so that Wong can take Gremlins Luck.  Wong's list is meant for slaughter and I can eliminate 75% of an opponent's crew by the end of turn 3 (against most players, there are some bad match ups and skilled opponents are able to mitigate the slaughter)

2) Card cycling.  Old Cranky discards a card to draw a card . . . which lets Sammy discard a card to draw a card.  This is great in a list where you want high cards to maximize the slaughter.

3) Jynx.  This is fantastic for models trying to hide or models that have a couple of wounds left.

4)  Mid field scheme running.  I use Sammy to drop scheme markers for McTavish to eat if needed, or to achieve VP.

5)  Stuffed piglet generation.  Extremely rare, but useful if an opponent leaves a scheme marker a little too close.  Great if Dig Their Graves was taken by your opponent.

• Like 1

I played 'Civil War' today - my Zoraida vs Ophelia. We played Guard the Stash (Corner Deploy) with CJ, Frame for Murder, Leave Your Mark, Covert Breakthrough and Undercover Entourage.

I had Zoraida (Tarot and Crystal Ball), Sammy (Raven), Burt (DC),  Emissary (Zoraida's Conflux), Nurse and 2x Waldgeist. My opponent brought gunline + heavy beatsticks (Ophelia, Francois, Burt, McTavish, Rami, 2x Slop Hauler and Young Lacroix).

I picked Frame for Murder (Nurse) and hint, hint... Entourage on Sammy. BTW, don't take Sammy with Raven when Entourage is in the pool... It is so darn obvious for opponent :D

Anyway when at the start of the turn 2 I lost emissary I was ready to call the game but I kept playing anyway and it paid up. I didn't make any mistakes and I was able to remove McTavish this turn and hurt enemy Burt a lot. On the bottom of the turn 4 my opponent called the game as I removed his Burt (who died of the Hem and he was his Frame for Murder sucker), one Slop Hauler and he killed my Nurse with Ophelia on Turn 3 giving me 3 VPs for Frame for Murder. For more he couldn't get to Sammy and he knew I was going to fly with her around avoiding his guys so he game was lost for him (9-3 for me at the end of the turn 4).

Action of the game: enemy Slop hauler drops scheme marker to allow Slow McTavish to pull back off Waldgeist and my Burt. Sammy activated gets in the range, summons Stuffed Piglet from the marker and then hides again. Comment from my opponent: 'I hate that b**ch...' :P

It was good fun although I'm not big fan of Zoraida as Gremlin master although putting Bewitched on Ophelia which game me 6 extra cards (an insane hand on my next turn: 2x12, 12, 2x11 and 9) at the cost of Emissary was kind of cool. I need to play more games and maybe I'll change my opinion about the old Hag. Definitely I need to bring Rooster Riders with her.

About Emissary and Conflux of Fate - generally I think taking Emissary is worthy only with Zoraida (card cycling, Obey for good damage slap). It was pretty nice to draw card with Zoraida, then emissary and Sammy. It's bit costly thing to do (17SS) but was worthy (at least during this game).

• Like 4