Buy list for Colette

Peppi

Hi all,

A friend of mine is selling:

Colette Du Bois, Cassandra, 2 Performers, 2 Mannequins, 3 Mechanical Doves, Angelica, 2 Coryphee, 2 Ice Dancers, 3 December Acolytes, 3 Malifaux Raptors

What do yuo suggest? Are these enough to build a good competitive list or have I to add some other models? thank you!

First off, that list looks really good. The only must buy I'd recommend is Silent Ones as they're the only in-faction, no strings attached heal we get.

Other goodstuff:

Buying a Mechanical Rider along with Metal Gamin for her to summon is also reckoned as fairly good - the extra bodies let you win the "hold table quarters" missions more easily, and she herself is an excellent beater, tank, AND schemer. But she's so common that she also has a big target on her for the first few turns when she's most vulnerable. She can also poop Mannequins, saving you points and still letting you benefit from the Mannequin's Scheme Marker aura distribution.

Arcane Effigy and Johan gives you the ability to remove Conditions - good if you're expecting to see bad things happen.

While I wouldn't say it's a sure thing, Oiran are Showgirls and have a Trigger on one of their attacks that makes the target unable to declare Attacks on Showgirls - I did it to a friend's Peacekeeper two turns in a row and it was hilarious. They also have a Lure for Cassandra to Understudy.

Arcane Emissary is a NASTY beater and does great things for Colette - it's a Scheme Marker for 2 damage! It can (0) teleport to a nearby Scheme Marker!

From there, pick up whatever Master interests you the most, or just stick with Colette - really, she can be played into any Scheme/Strat as long as you pick the right models, and it does look like you're starting with the right ones.

• Like 2

The above post hits the high points of my thoughts. The only thing I'd add to the future buy list would be the Ramos box. Joss and Howard are worth considering in many cases.

Not necessary per se. Definitely useful and Ramos is a fun Master too.

ENVY!!!!!! I know it requires getting the whole Xroads box but this model is soooo good for Colette. Prompt helps him position and Colette's showgirls can toss around so many scheme markers that his +1Sh ability is almost guaranteed to go off. Plus he's lower points than beaters like Howard, which is good in the days of post cuddle Colette where he isn't quite the turret that he used to be. 

I tend to send him in with Well rehearsed and he is suddenly also a sort of a get out of jail free card for the crew as well. 

• Like 1