Spring Showdown II - 7th May, Wayland Games

OldManMyke

Time to put the pimping thread up for Spring Showdown II.  This is a 3 round 50ss GG2017 based event with a relaxed atmosphere and a little bit of banter thrown in.  Plenty of prizes and swag plus a few good games with a nice bunch of folks.  Held at Wayland tickets are only £10.  Venue opens at 10, first game 10.30 and we are normally on our way home by 6.  Strats and schemes will be given out on the day.

Painted crews are not required though there is a prize for best painted.  This time its best painted triad of Henchman, Enforcer and a Minion

Pick up a ticket from http://www.daffcon.info/store/p63/Spring_Showdown_III_-_7th_May_2017.html

Participants

1. Ben Harris
  2. Nick Featherstone
  3. Peter Shepard
  4. Joel Henry  Tom ???
  5. Tim Britton
  6. Grant Dickenson
  7. William Malcom
  8. Joe Wood
  9. John Burgess
  10. Andy Bradshaw
  11. Jeroen Van Riel
  12. Rory Carter
  13. Lee Battrick???
  14. Troy Ashdown
  15. Tony Fenton
  16. Thomas Nickerson
  17. Graham Bursnell
  18. Jonny Von Woozle
  19. Chris Donaldson
  20. Marcus Rose
  21. Ross Baker
  22. Jamie Varney
  23. Matt Spooner
  24. Ritch Keeling
  25. George Hollingdale
  26. Sean Paice
  27. Tobias Dracup
  28. Shaunie Paxton
  29. Ben Leslie
  30. James Cleverly
  31. Richard Walters
  32. Mark Elwood
  33. Rich Bream
  34. Stuart Snares
  35. Adam Wigmore
  36. Stef McGlen
  37. David Williamson
  38. Kieran Meenaghan
  39. Tom Payne
  40. Lukasz Rozanski
  41. Mike Jenkins

The part of the ringer will be played by the ever so wonderful Eless

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OldManMyke said:

Not really, you going to come along?

Most likely. Just putting the finishing touches to my pass. The key thing for me is that it stays at 3 rounds. 3 round tournaments are great from a "i'm not shattered from playing games" point of view. I'll grab a ticket asap.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Mean Hands said:

Hello, I would like to come along to this event but can't be sure till closer to the time. At what point will the sale of tickets stop? Also this would be my first Malifaux tournament after just getting back into the hobby recently, any tips?

Kieran

Hi Kieran,

I can't guarantee, but @OldManMyke's events at Wayland games are usually available to turn up on the day itself. Probably best for him to confirm that though. 

Welcome back to the hobby. if you do go, you'll have picked a great event for your return as it's a friendly bunch of guys playing the same day.

4 hours ago, SurreyLee said:

Hi Kieran,

I can't guarantee, but @OldManMyke's events at Wayland games are usually available to turn up on the day itself. Probably best for him to confirm that though. 

Welcome back to the hobby. if you do go, you'll have picked a great event for your return as it's a friendly bunch of guys playing the same day.

Ah brilliant, fingers crossed I can make it then.

On 04/04/2017 at 2:02 PM, Mean Hands said:

Hello, I would like to come along to this event but can't be sure till closer to the time. At what point will the sale of tickets stop? Also this would be my first Malifaux tournament after just getting back into the hobby recently, any tips?

Kieran

Tickets dont get taken off sale TBH, you can even pay me cash on the day, though if you could purchase before hand it makes it less messy for the accountant.

As said above the showdowns tend to be a very friendly affair with a wide range of player skills - we often get people who haven't been to events before and they always say that they've had a great time.  

Look forward to meeting you

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Well that was another fun event, no real rules questions or issues that i heard about  and plenty of new faces - some of whom walked away with prizes.  Congrats to Joe for taking the win with a tough Rd3 match against George.  I need to get my arse into gear with things like painting slips etc. so will rectify that for the next event as well as a couple of other things that annoyed me during the day.

Next showdown is Summer on 30th July and then in October we will have Falldown III which as I said yesterday is going to become a 2 day 5 round event (21-22nd October)  

If you bought a season ticket and can't do the 2 days then just let me know and I will refund you the relevant portion.

Next up for me, ITC