Paint and Base ideas for Titania.

Nemesis0284

I've been anxiously awaiting Titania's release since I saw her sculpt, I fell in love with the aesthetic of the crew. It's down to 1 more week before their release and I can't stop thinking about ways to paint and base them. I want to focus on a fairy-tale motif (Titania is the Queen of the Fae in a Midsummer Night's Dream and the whole crew feels very fairy tale to me) The Thorn actively reminds me of Sleeping Beauty, for instance. 

That being said, I'm unsure what it all means, especially when it come to basing them. (If I could pull off a fairy ring on Titania's base I'd do it in a heartbeat but I don't know how. Oversized mushrooms maybe? 

Any ideas are welcome, please post pictures, I want inspiration but I'm lost things like color scheme and continuity across the crew.

• 4 months later...
On 3/26/2017 at 2:29 PM, Viruk said:

Ok, I'm jumping just in ( a little bit late)  because I am looking for tutorials on painting Titania's skin for nearly 2 months now. 

How did you get that grey/violet effect @Viruk? Would you mind to tell us what colours you used? Because they look great! 

11 hours ago, Averlorn said:

How did you get that grey/violet effect @Viruk? Would you mind to tell us what colours you used? Because they look great! 

Thanks, glad you like her!

The main color I used was Rakarth Flesh. I mixed it with black wash and applied 3 thin layers as a base color. After that I highlighted it with pure Rakarth Flesh mixing it with a bit of white for a few successive highlights. After that I added some glazes of watered down brown and purple washed. Ti finish the skin off, I applied a few more highlights on elements like chin, brow, nose, fingers with Rakarth flesh mixed with a bit of white.

14 hours ago, (Keenan) said:

how does the Rakarth flesh compare to old GW elf flesh or p3 ryn flesh

It is quite different. It slightly resembles Dheneb Stone from previous GW line, although it is a bit darker. I think it's a perfect color for undead skin.

I just finished painting my Titania model.  I wish I could take a decent picture of it, but whatever.  Back when Wyrd did metal, they had an evil Mushroom kit; I think you can still get them on the webstore.  I have a bunch of them, and I use them on a lot of Neverborn bases.  I have Titania standing on the biggest of them, it's basically as wide as a 32 mm base.  I also decapitated her, and stuck on the head from the alternate Performer, which has been sitting around from a sale many moons ago.  Painted her hair and dress black, red wings, pale skin.  Ended up looking very vampire-ish.

I also just picked up this crazy thing from GW

BarbedBracken05.jpg?bw=1000&w=1000&bh=10

Which I'm thinking will work well.  It was a steal at $25 CAD for over 100 little alien plants.