Zoraida in Head Hunter

shakes1066

doppleganger is pretty much a must really. Don't mind me means she will be able to pick heads up even when engaged and manipulative 14 means its going to take a fair bit of effort to get rid of her.

Other than that, gupps/silurids with their leap are great. And if you back that up with McTavish you're probably putting out a lot of damage too.

Beware the voodoo doll killing things through Hem though. The models won't drop a head then because you didn't kill them, the condition did.

The issue here is that Zoraida can kill models but does not generate the related heads as feagaur said.
So you really need to have killy models nearby (Mc Tavish, Bad Juju...). If you play the teddy factory (with wisps & the Widow Weaver), then you will generate another killy model.

Beware that if your killy models are henchmen, this is a big issue with FFM.

Silurids and Gupps can leap and get the heads and Doppelganger is indeed precious.

Regarding strategy point denial, Waldgeist do not easliy give heads and can engage a lot of ennemies. Tannen through chatty can be good but is likely to die very fast (which can be a good thing if it is your FFM target).

1 hour ago, feagaur said:

Beware the voodoo doll killing things through Hem though. The models won't drop a head then because you didn't kill them, the condition did.

(I'm a gremlin player, not a neverborn player, so ymmv) I actually find it's a blessing as well though. One of the big downsides of ranged damage in Headhunter is that if you kill something, you drop the head nearer the enemy's crew, not your own. The Doll lets you kill stuff at a range without having to worry about dropping a head. Yes you miss out on placing one for your own crew to pick up, but you also stop a kill from giving your opponent an easy head.

She can also use Obey and the (1) interact on the doll to move enemies & allies around in order to deny heads, place heads where she wants, move enemies out of engagement for allies to pick heads up and even pick heads up. This latter is a kinda obscure trick that I've never actually done but it's something to think about if there's a head in a very convenient place for your opponent and they have already scored this turn you might consider obeying one of their models to pick the head up this turn. It won't score them any more points, but it will stop them scoring next turn.

My other tricks are all gremlin focused so probably not very helpful. I guess a very minor niche one would be to merc Lenny in through Enthrall and have him Toss the voodoo doll to give Insignificant to its target, but that is a huge investment and probably not worth it.