What constructs do we have?

scottb

Has anyone tried running a construct crew?

I have been chewing over trying something along the lines of :

Zipp

Earl 

Sparks (qml)

Whisky Golem 

Lazarus 

Skeeter

Survivors 

Possibly a mechanical pork chop. 

Not really sure if it'd be better than a non-construct alternative 

On 24/03/2017 at 5:41 PM, spooky_squirrel said:

He can make leaders constructs. He just cannot Wind 'Em Up afterwards.

Oops, you're right - so everything can be a construct!

26 minutes ago, Rosskov said:

I had some fun using a Zipp crew with Sparks, Earl Burns, Iron Skeeters and Survivors. Give Fast to an Iron Skeeter (Can get the suits from Earl Burns if you need it), then run the Skeeters up the board, giving Fast to the Survivors while dragging them along. Hilarity ensues!

1 hour ago, Izzinatah said:

I had some fun using a Zipp crew with Sparks, Earl Burns, Iron Skeeters and Survivors. Give Fast to an Iron Skeeter (Can get the suits from Earl Burns if you need it), then run the Skeeters up the board, giving Fast to the Survivors while dragging them along. Hilarity ensues!

How do Survivors fair?  Do they justify the additional cost over, say a bayou gremlin? 

34 minutes ago, Rosskov said:

How do Survivors fair?  Do they justify the additional cost over, say a bayou gremlin? 

I don't think they find much of the use currently.  I know they have Armour, Htk and Reckless but Wk 4 means they are not that good as scheme runners and for 1SS more you have 2 Bayou Gremlin so...

2 hours ago, Rosskov said:

I have been chewing over trying something along the lines of :

Zipp

Earl 

Sparks (qml)

Whisky Golem 

Lazarus 

Skeeter

Survivors 

Possibly a mechanical pork chop. 

Not really sure if it'd be better than a non-construct alternative 

There's a Zipp construct list by @Je ne c'est LaCroix called "stuff gonna be dead yo", less whiskey golem and more plated McTavish if I remember right...it requires the mechanized porkchop to poop scrap for Sparks to use, so it's a necessity not a possibility.

2 hours ago, Rosskov said:

Survivors are remarkably similar to Rail Workers (front of card, at least) with the 5/5, 4 wounds, Armor +1, and HTK. You don't have the Metal on Metal ability (defensive trigger), so these guys aren't quite as bad a tarpit as the Rail Workers, but they'll still take either quality AP or 3 AP to remove if they're at full. Being Reckless lets them get places faster (no need for pushes and the like) for when you need runners more than tanks. They're gremlins, so the Slop Hauler's key to keeping them on the table especially if you're going reckless.

Their attack is also similar in that it spikes hard. If you can cheat the damage flip (or just flip moderate or better), they hit well outside of their weight class. The gatling gun is interesting, but these guys don't have Bayou Two Card, so if you pitch your hand, you don't have anything to cheat with on them. This is where they differ dramatically from the Rail Workers. With Rail Workers when I discard a card for their (0), I get positives on attack and damage for the turn. Survivors get to shoot with their Ml stat instead.

The (0) to prevent charges and limit walks is also situationally good. If you're facing a melee/charge-oriented crew Survivors form a screen that will help keep more important things safe from close-combat related threats.

If the only thing you're hiring them for is scheme running, find the extra stone for a pair of Bayou Gremlins. They'll still take 2AP to remove (barring blasting or triggering a free attack and getting them both on the same attack AP) and you can be in two places at the same time. If you're needing the other stuff, a pair of Bayou Gremlins doesn't help.

• Like 1