Missing Communication

Hello Wyrdos!

I am playing malifaux for 3 years now and over the last few months I got really disappointed by wyrds communication with their customers and fanbase.

Don't want to say that they are the worst at communication, they are clearly not, but I remember a time where they were much better, much more open and talkative.

I also know that they attend many conventions and faced some changes within the team of wyrd which might naturally delay some things, but this is not an excuse for me because all this stuff doesn`t happen just overnight. Yeah, they are just human and earn their spare time and I really understand this, but this leads to my main topic of the thread. It's missing communication.

Now I want to give you some examples (if I´m are wrong,  pls correct me, this is just an observation of mine):

When I started to play Malifaux, it was always clear when things are about to being released, maybe not six months in the future, but the next two months were always clear. (not via an upcoming page, but back then the chronicles always had the upcoming release schedules)
Today I am looking on an upcoming page which tries to excite me with the releases of October. We don't know what will be released in April. 

Also Easter Sale is around the corner, but nobody knows what will be available. So nobody is able to dedicate their money, maybe it's just me, but I always want to plan my monthly budget. 
Back in the days I started we knew 1 month prior the sale at least what will be up for sale.

My last point I mention here today is the delayed models problem. Swinecursed and will o wisps are delayed, but where is wyrds official statement on the delay? Nowhere. Only silence. Today I saw a post at a wyrd place stating that they will be available at adepticon, can`t confirm if it`s true as the post seems to be deleted just hours later. 
At the beginning of my malifaux gaming there were announcements about delays in the chronicles.

I`ll just stop here and please don't get me wrong, I really love wyrd and malifaux, but I also think criticism is allowed in order to improve situations which are not satisfying and I want the game and company to stay as great as they are (were?), or see them getting even better.

Thanks to everyone who read through this.

• Like 5

I think Wyrd got overwhelmed with the amount of projects they've started: new Malifaux book, TOS, Bayou Bash, DCR expansion - all done by virtually the same development team.

Add in GAMA and Adepticon, and you have yourself a logistics nigtmare where things like upcoming releases update get constantly pushed back.

I do agree that's not an excuse for missing communication, but these things happen. 

Let's hope they ge stuff sorted out before Easter sale then!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Seadhna said:

I think Wyrd got overwhelmed with the amount of projects they've started: new Malifaux book, TOS, Bayou Bash, DCR expansion - all done by virtually the same development team.

Add in GAMA and Adepticon, and you have yourself a logistics nigtmare where things like upcoming releases update get constantly pushed back.

I do agree that's not an excuse for missing communication, but these things happen. 

Let's hope they ge stuff sorted out before Easter sale then!

Would be great if we could know the reason and not have to guess...

Rumours and speculation start to hit a wyrd place on facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/AWYRDPLACE/615407345323000/?comment_id=615426878654380&notif_t=like&notif_id=1490609928363421

Nobody would be mad if they have a plausible reason for all the recent delays (and as you said the combination of emplyoment changes, conventions and all the new stuff are very likely all that`s behind that), but if that`s the case, than where`s the harm in saying so?

I think we all could give them a break if they admit they need one to sort things out or whatever, but not knowing  and not telling seems like something other gaming companies did/still do, but it`s nothing like the Wyrd games I know and like :)

• Like 3

With age and experience come wisdom. Wyrd is probably THE MOST forthcoming gaming company I have seen, and I am grateful for that. 

I personally (read: my opinion, does not apply to anyone else, inb4 inevitable 'someone takes it personally') don't mind the delays in the release schedule. Lets me catch up on other things with money I would have been spending on minis (read: Rave in the Redwoods). If there was major news of an earth-shattering nature, they'd let it be known. My general outlook is to roll with it, because it's just plastic toys, and rent is due in 5 days. :)

• Like 3

I'm ok with delays, I already have a full painting schedule.
However, a bit visibility on the releases would be nice. For example, I still have Will o' Wisps blocking part of one of my order deliveries. Do I cancel the Wisp part of the order to get the rest of it or do I keep it and wait a relatively short time for the whole delivery to happen?