Curse of Autumn rules clarification

HegemonyKrcket

So I'm worried that I've been playing the Curse of Autumn incorrectly, but I've also heard it being interpreted two different ways on podcasts and discussions and such.  So I wanted to see if I could get it cleared up.

When an enemy model Activates while engaged with one of the Knights (Tooth, Sword, or Thorn) they have to make a Wp 13 duel or gain Slow.  Does that slow take immediate effect before they generate AP, thus only giving them 1 AP for that Activation.  Or do they "ignore" it for that Activation and carry over that Slow until their next activation.

I've been running it as the first ruling, because it seems cleaner and easier.  But it sounds like some have been interpreting it as the latter.  

16 hours ago, wizuriel said:

Page 36 of the core rulebook

1. Resolve “Activation" Effects
2. Generate AP

They would get slow before generating AP

Sweet.  Thanks.  That's what I thought, and none of my opponents argued otherwise.  But I heard some discussion of them getting slow from Curse of Autumn and then the Gorar could Paralyze them and I was like... "whaahh?"