Gremlin Multi-part Kit ???

WalkingInBlack

Before I begin I would ask people that have questions about other faction Multi-part Kit to use or make a related post and not use this one as... well its for Gremlin Multi-part Kit related stuff.

Okay I mentioned this before and then the Forum got remade and the post were lost so I'll ask this again, what is the status of the Gremlin Multi-part Kit that was mention by one of the Wyrd Staff (Whos name I won't mentioned as to not give him more trouble then needed ;) )?

Also what would people like to see in a Gremlin Multi-part Kit?

• Like 2

On 3/23/2017 at 6:32 PM, DarkSpade said:

I was very tempted by the multi-part kits even before discovering TtB, but I heard that they're a larger scale than malifaux minis(and therefore most minis) so I've steered clear of them.

I've only seen that said of the female kit. As far as can be said of the unboxing pictures, the males seem the right height, but I hate that side pose, and the two pairs of pants.

I plan on picking up a box for a few conversions anyway.

What I would like to see is faction specific bit kits that have more variety in accessories and less models. Something I liked about Games Workshop's old Warhammer Fantasy was that I could build several loadouts and types of hero out of their generic hero boxes. Why do I need 11 versions of a guy/gal playing dress-up when I can have one (or a few) that embody the character(s) I want to create?

On 3/23/2017 at 8:32 PM, DarkSpade said:

I was very tempted by the multi-part kits even before discovering TtB, but I heard that they're a larger scale than malifaux minis(and therefore most minis) so I've steered clear of them.

Some of the female Multi part kits had elongated extremities (it looked as if the feet were intended to be separate pieces from the legs). I believe the issue was fixed but haven't seen the newer sprues (mine are from the TtB backer kit). I have not noticed any scale difference between the Multipart kits and Malifaux models (other than the elongated limbs already mentioned which is easily fixed and any Malifaux models which have been identified as somewhat out of scale with the rest of the range).

1 minute ago, Omenbringer said:

Some of the female Multi part kits had elongated extremities (it looked as if the feet were intended to be separate pieces from the legs). I believe the issue was fixed but haven't seen the newer sprues (mine are from the TtB backer kit). I have not noticed any scale difference between the Multipart kits and Malifaux models (other than the elongated limbs already mentioned which is easily fixed and any Malifaux models which have been identified as somewhat out of scale with the rest of the range).

As fare as I know it was never fixed as Wyrd said there were no reason to change them as they were not meant to be minis for Malifaux game, which I think was a very bad idea from their side so to speak.

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Shadowopal said:

Wyrd has learned from experience that promissing a date when one does not have product in hand leads to upset customers. Heck even vague talk has been held as promise by the masses at times. Far better for them to stay silent until they can speak with certainty. 

Which seems to never going to happen... that is at least how it looks ad the moment.

• Like 1

To be fair, they had no reason to do it before Into the Bayou came out as the rules for Gremlin characters had not been released yet.  And the fact they have not even gotten through Wave 4 models in release, plus was working on the Other Side, has likely sidelined a lot of projects they were thinking about.  Simple put, Other Side and Wave 4 is going to generate more income for them then a Multi-part gremlin kit.

So while I would not say never, as already pointed out is a very long time, I would not be holding my breath.  Their multi-kits so far did not quite wow the player base and while not that bad in my opinion from what I have seen it has not been the grandest draws.

Edit: That all said I would love to have them as I would love some ways to make some gremlins or customize some Bayou Gremlins easier.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I got several multipart kits at Christmas. After knowing the scaling issues, and building a few male and female models, I didn't find the scale issue to be too bad. The females were slightly taller, but the issue appears to be the legs are too tall and the torsoe is a bit too short, so their hips are where the males stomach is. As usual for this sort of problem, when you put them on the table and are standing above them, you don't see it. You see it when you line the models up beside each other and take close up photos, so personally I just got over it.

The biggest failing I saw with the kits was that they weren't really creating varied models as the builder desired. Certain torsos were designed to go with certain legs (which were mostly the same for that torso), with a few select arm combinations as well. This basically gave you about 10 bodies where you could, in a limited faction, swap some arms and heads around but mostly were set monopose miniatures.

There's various ways they could have done it better, even as much as having the hands be separate from the arms so what was held in the hand wasn't dictated by the sleeve - or lack of one - which tied into certain torsos and thus legs.

However, I'd be all over a Gremlin multipart kit. Hopefully they'd have learned from the human kits. There's just so many varieties of Gremlin clothing and weapons, both made by them or stolen, that a properly designed multipart kit could make some fantastically varied Gremlins. From pig farmers to ranchers to 'soldiers' to more dapper looking Gremlins across both male and female (honestly they're both so thin and wiry that you could use the same legs and arms for both, and the models so small you could cram so many more torsos and heads on a sprue), with boomsticks, clubs, swords, bows, crossbows, axes and more.

I'd happily buy a pair of Gremlin multipart kits, but be ecstatic if they fixed some of the issues with how they pair parts together.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, gwain21 said:

I would love a gremlin kit as well. I'm contemplating making a trixie belle proxy with the female multi kit but its going to take a lot of cutting to get the size right and some green stuff on top of that. A gremlin kit would make that much easier :P

Hmm almost sounds like it would be easier to just make it completely out of greenstuff :)

47 minutes ago, WalkingInBlack said:

Well Trixibelle cost almost half of what the box would cost add that site you linked to, and that is one of the expensive things about buying single minis from places like that.

Well, consider that most people buy the box, clip Trixibelle off, and leave the rest (not that I agree with how 'bad others think the rest of the box is), half of the price is better than the full price.

It's basically like buying an alt in pricing.

I'd love to see this, myself. I was thinking about running an Into The Bayou game sometime but knowing that there aren't any multipart kits for gremlins and I'd basically just have to buy the entire gremlins faction to use that for both players and NPCs(I don't play gremlins...at all)it kinda just..kills my interest to do that for now.

• 3 weeks later...