Dreamer crew basing ideas?

BruceStrange

Hello. I have just ordered my Dreamer army! Dreamer box, silirids, doppleganger, insidious madness, lelu and lilitu, waldgiest, teddy, and stitched together. I have loved to paint and play miniature games for years. Always more of a painter than anything else. I have no group near me that plays that i know of (new area very rural upstate NY)and bought them simply to put together and paint and comb over the rules continuously to be ready to some day play. Sooo I think this may be the only master I buy for neverborn so the bases can be more dreamer specific and not worry about the models looking out of place in a zoraida crew.

Im thinking Hell. maybe simple blackend cork midle and bright lava around it. I am a big fan of big contrast. red/black seems striking to me. another fun contrast would be a checkered floor. Dirty of course. I figure there are checker stickers or duct tape that could be used to bet this effect. Heavy weathering and maybe a few green stuff toys blankets or random creepy thing.

I love the fact that chompy and daydreams, madness and others can use bright obnoxious colors. I think that if I put the model on a high contrast base it will turn out better than a basic earth base or plain wood decking or something.

Please tell me what you think of my ideas. Tell me what you have done for the bases of dreamer/related models that worked. Tell me of bases that you have seen that worked. Thanks for your time!

Thanks for the ideas! Im not sure I could pull off the "giant" theme. 22 30mm bases and 2 50mm bases would be tough. Im not sure I understand the bubbles suggestion. I have given it thought and decided to not go there. It has actually given me ideas for other projects though.

Anything else? If you have seen a base that contained a cool theme or maybe just a base that you were really atracted to let me know! Pics are more than welcome!