Welcome to Wyrd Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Ravenphoenixxx

Battlefoam Magnaracks

9 posts in this topic

If this isn't the proper forum to post this, I apologize. I'm wondering if anyone has tried these for their Malifaux miniatures.

http://us.battlefoam.com/magna-rack-for-the-p-a-c-k-352-and-infinity-alpha-2-0-bag/

im trying to find a good magnetic solution for transport and storage and after two near disasters today involving plastic storage shelves, I'm a little stymied. Battlefoam is coming out with larger magnarack solutions in the next few months but if anyone has had any experience with the smaller one, I'd love to hear about the experience. Thanks for the help. 

I've one of those and they are perfect for malifaux:

There aren't  any problems. The given room for each tray on their website is calculated very cautious. With some intelligent placement you get way more into them.

Using the accompanying magnets you could even store miniatures under each tray  (but I rarely need to do so). I've used my case for our last Tournament, transporting:

Dreamer with full crew and summons (5stiches, 5 madness, full rare limit of every other possible summon including 3 Teddys); Pandora and the Kids + Hooded Rider; Lilith Crew and every Nephilim (but young as I don't field them and I forgot my mature), Titania and Court, Collodi and every Puppet available until the rare limit) and Lynchs full ensemble of everything brilliant.  About 50 small and 10 large bases I guess. I've left Zoraida including mc tavish,  mother and gups at home as they aren't painted at the moment but could have got them into their as well (through in this case I would have to stick the gups under one of the trays)

I've taken some photos and a small video for our local community, bear in mind I don't have one of the kickstarter a-cases (but i've pledged 4 for myself and friends) but an older variant with only 3 trays in locked positions:

x786bTL.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/PP0dnNy.webp

https://www.youtube.com/embed/sntCBdcbsV4

I've thrown this case into the air and let it make some loops various times to scare people. Never got any minis flying but the one time I didn't payed attention and missed the trails for the trays ... :(

1 person likes this

That's awesome. Thanks for the pics and the video. I saw the A-case on Kickstarter; I might have to get one. 

I would really advice you towards using the kickstarter, they are dirty cheap there. 66 bucks for one including 100+ magnets and 5 trays.

I've bought mine a few weeks before the KS went live for 110 buck as an corvus belly special offer. The old variant goes for 140+ at the a-case store. I've bitten my tongue so hard as I saw their K'S and the prices -,-*

I picked up one through the Kickstarter. $61 is too good of a deal to pass up. Thank you for your advice and pictures. That really helped give me an idea of scale. I might have an issue with the emissaries but I can figure a way around that. 

If I get Lord Chompy in there, even the Arcane Emissary should it ;)

A-Case just released a 'stress test video' aka 'let's throw our filled product 4m down from a hunters perch':