Totems when a Master leaves play

sado2020

Question

Hi all new to the forums and apologies if this has been asked too much.  But my question is the same as the thread title; Does the totem remain in play when a master dies? Namely I just started playing Lynch and Hungering Darkness and have had a bad habit of getting Jacob killed.....I was told by some they didn't know if Lynch dies Huggy goes away too.  So I just wanted to get some clarification

Thanks!

12 answers to this question

Although do bear in mind in the specific case of the Hungering Darkness, its ability to bury instead of dying and unbury again is linked to an upgrade that Lynch carries. If Lynch dies, that upgrade is no longer in play and the Hungering Darkness can then be killed.

6 minutes ago, Fetid Strumpet said:

Please see my first post. Unless a rule specifically says so, no. Killing a master does not remove a totem from play.

Gotcha. I just wanted to get extra clarified for games when I'm not using Lynch.  Thanks for the info!

2 minutes ago, sado2020 said:

Just saw this, XD so a master dying removes a totem? I can't seem to find it anywhere in the rules :(

No. I assume the post you quoted means that your master dying also removed your totem in 1st edition, but doesn't anymore in 2nd edition.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dogmantra said:

No. I assume the post you quoted means that your master dying also removed your totem in 1st edition, but doesn't anymore in 2nd edition.

XD ah alrighty.  Is there anyplace I can find this? I asked my local henchman and he said that totems do leave play when a master dies

It never did that in 1st edition either. 

As for showing where it says your totem doesn't die when the master is removed, Malifaux is a permissive Rules set it tells you what you can and must do, it would be more appropriate to have your henchman show you the supposed rule where it says it does happen.

There is no such rule, just like there is no rule that says you lose all your henchman when the leader is killed.

• Like 1