Amina Naidu

Fictor

Hi dudes!

In other post we speak a little of that new Henchman, now I want to see if someone tested it and his impresions, and with what Masters is better.

I think the best choice is Sandeep for give :+fate Wp to Oxfordians and try to control the enemy, and Ramos because the Arachnids summons with damage and his triger prevent attacks to damaged miniatures.

I like her with Ironsides (at least in theory) because you want to have injured models, and the 2 of them together make it much harder for the enemy to remove the injured models.

She is certainly a control style figure and I would use her in games when I wanted control of the enemy, rather than games where I used master x. Probably very useful in things like reckoning, Collect the bounty and head hunter to reduce their killing plans as well as" liability", "Missing forms" and " actually our claims extend" to potentially restrict interact schemes

I can see her working well with models like the Cerberus to help keep the 3 headed, mages for their Wp boost, Rasputina to help protect important Ice mirrors, Ramos for the spider summons, performers in things like Squatters rights, even if you don't protect the squat markers you performers are stealing, you're getting soulstone every time they re-claim them.

• Like 2

Amina in an Ironsides HPM crew is amazing and has taken the job previously held in my crew by Lust as the anti-beater.  Everything about her card is just fantastic, as even if you flub the Liable attacks and the enemy beater still gets at your models, you can force them to take :-fate flips by hurting Amina - which coincidentally means you're more likely to make those Liable attacks work next turn!  Plus, just pointing at a model and saying "you're a Peon now" is great.

• Like 1

I've used her with some interesting results in Ironsides, specifically using the Malifaux Raptor to scratch her at the beginning of Turn 1 and putting her into HPM mode. A Ca6 Lure with a built in positive is harder to shut down with things like Man in Black or Vent Steam.

I have a cheat sheet in my card folder for how her actions can chain together with triggers, potentially getting you 3 AP (at least one gunshot) and 2 (0) in a single activation of a non-fast/swift Henchman. That's a lot of work and it doesn't rely on any upgrades on her, which lets me do things like Warding Runes and Recharge Soulstone (or Bleeding Edge Tech) without feeling like I'm trading something off. Her defensive stats are also very impressive, and if you can squeeze in the extra stone to give her both Warding Runes and Imbued Protection she basically becomes something that requires serious attention (another Henchman or Master) to deal with. The trick there, as the Arcanist player, is to make sure that Amina is contributing to your game plan in a way that cannot be safely ignored--make your opponent have to pick between two bad choices.

• Like 2

Hi dudes!

This weekend I tested Amina with a Ramos control list in Head Haunter.

Ramos (UP, FG, CM) 7ss
Joss (OC)
Amina (B&C)
x2 PoisonG
Scorpius
Mobile Toolkit

The idea: does bubbles with Ramos, Amina and Scorpius.

Arachnids are summoned wounded and Amina can do the enemy can't hitter them, with PoisonG with :+fate can put poison to slow with Scorpius.

Scorpius died fast for a RJ, but was no problem because I had Frame of Murder on him.

In general I'm satified with the Crew, Amina did a great job, and bubbles of Ramos for :+fate on Df works, but still think an 8 for a cast Field Generatos it's to much for and upgrade of 2ss.

The worst thing are use Blade and Claw on Amina, because with that she have 3 0Ap and are too many for her, and the ss, Amina drains it a lot because doesn't have the :tome printed and you want the triggers

12 hours ago, Fictor said:

but still think an 8 for a cast Field Generatos it's to much for and upgrade of 2ss.

Agreed. I can't help but notice how essentially two of Ramos' 2ss upgrades are printed on the front of Nicodem's card. Corpse Conductor gives :+fate to Ml Actions and Df flips to all friendly Undead in 6 :aura. It's a slightly shorter range, but it's otherwise like having Under Pressure and Field Generator (admittedly it doesn't protect Nicodem) permanently up, for free. 

Whenever I play Ramos, I feel like putting up Field Generator for that 8+ card and an AP seems so expensive. I do like Under Pressure, as it's innate and also has Counterspell attached, but I've veered away from Field Generator recently. 

• Like 1