questions from a new player

Angelshard

Just started playing malifaux with my tabletop group. We switched from warmahordes. We've only played a few games, but we're already hooked.

I got collodi as my first master an plan on getting lynch and lucius next to use as stepping stones into guild and ten thunders. 

I do have a couple of questions I haven't been able to find through search.

1. Am I right in assuming a changeling can use final debt from lynch? And can three use it one time each plus lynch's own use for four attacks?

2. I've been using collodi to hit people and then controlling an Ap to walk into emisarrys hazardous terrain and purposely failing the duel. This is legal right?

3. I've been considering using blood wretches for collodi as I feel I miss some hard hitting minions. I know I'm getting illuminated with lynch, but I was thinking of using twist on s wretch to raise its damAge to 5/6/8 then accomplice it, take fast for an additional damage and charge for insane damage. Am I missing something since I haven't seen any mention of doing this?

4. Can a wicked doll give it's healing plus buff to an undamaged model? Was thinking it could combo really well with collodi's twist for +2 on duels for a minion.

Sorry for the long post

1 hour ago, Angelshard said:

Just started playing malifaux with my tabletop group. We switched from warmahordes. We've only played a few games, but we're already hooked.

I got collodi as my first master an plan on getting lynch and lucius next to use as stepping stones into guild and ten thunders. 

I do have a couple of questions I haven't been able to find through search.

1. Am I right in assuming a changeling can use final debt from lynch? And can three use it one time each plus lynch's own use for four attacks?

2. I've been using collodi to hit people and then controlling an Ap to walk into emisarrys hazardous terrain and purposely failing the duel. This is legal right?

3. I've been considering using blood wretches for collodi as I feel I miss some hard hitting minions. I know I'm getting illuminated with lynch, but I was thinking of using twist on s wretch to raise its damAge to 5/6/8 then accomplice it, take fast for an additional damage and charge for insane damage. Am I missing something since I haven't seen any mention of doing this?

4. Can a wicked doll give it's healing plus buff to an undamaged model? Was thinking it could combo really well with collodi's twist for +2 on duels for a minion.

Sorry for the long post

1 the changing can copy the action, but they are casting it on a 4 needing a target number of 11:mask for it to have any chance of succeeding, so its much much worse with them than with Lynch. It is a once per turn action, but that means its a once per turn per model.  You also need to have given the model brilliance somehow. Typically people doing Final debt do so with Lynch, but they are activating him last for the extra cards, so that won't work for changlings

2 This works just as you say.

3 and 4 I'm not sure what Twist you are talking about. Yes, colloid can make the wretches take action during his turn, and those actions they get a positive flip for the duels, but this doesn't increase the number or the damage. Making the blood wretches fast so they can use the rage builds and they can charge in the same activation is good. But Collidi making them do the rage builds during his activation doesn't help them during their activation as it only lasts until the end of the activation.

4 Yes, you can target an un damaged model to give them the brand new strings condition. This is helpful if Collodi is going to use my will on them to give them extra positive flips

Thanks for the reply☺

1. I know it requires an 9 of masks or better. I was just thinking that a changeling  throwing out final debt would be a nasty surprise.

3. Probably me misunderstanding the rules but if you make a model take an action doesn't it carry trough until it finished it's activation? And someone else activating it doesnt count as it's activation? Otherwise I've been playing wrong cause I've given a model defensive trough collodi and then twisted it and it was only when it it activated that it lost defensive.

Defensive (and fast, slow, paralyze--all from the general rules) persist until the model is entering its own activation, but the more specific buffs (such as The Rage Builds) generally don't boost anything outside of the model's own activation unless it explicitly says otherwise.

You are going to be a very scary Collodi player. :huh:

On 3/16/2017 at 2:15 PM, Angelshard said:

Thanks for the reply☺

1. I know it requires an 9 of masks or better. I was just thinking that a changeling  throwing out final debt would be a nasty surprise.

3. Probably me misunderstanding the rules but if you make a model take an action doesn't it carry trough until it finished it's activation? And someone else activating it doesnt count as it's activation? Otherwise I've been playing wrong cause I've given a model defensive trough collodi and then twisted it and it was only when it it activated that it lost defensive.

Defensive Stance action gives the Defensive condition with an end time of the begging of the model's next activation. The Rage Builds says "during this activation", meaning the +1 damage and card draw is only active during the activation that the action was taken on.

Right, I'm so used to my only non-puppets being henchmen. 

If it works in this activation, could collodi strum, give it +3 damage with my will and have it hit something for a 5/6/8 damage spread with plus on attack?

Not sure it's all that effective use of 4 ap on a master, but it could be a nasty surprise.

1 hour ago, Angelshard said:

Right, I'm so used to my only non-puppets being henchmen. 

If it works in this activation, could collodi strum, give it +3 damage with my will and have it hit something for a 5/6/8 damage spread with plus on attack?

Not sure it's all that effective use of 4 ap on a master, but it could be a nasty surprise.

Yeah, though why you wouldn't just use the rage builds once and attack 3 times I don't know. You're getting +3 damage either way, but you only get the attacks damage once your way, as well as only drawing 2 cards instead of 6.

1 hour ago, Torsul said:

No, a model doesn't activate while being "my will"-ed.

Doesn't matter. An activation is happening, and The Rage Builds will last for as long as the activation that the action was used during.