Abuela Ortega

Rostislav

Abuela Ortega. Granny with a shotgun.

How do you use her?

Personally I pick her because she can give Family characteristic to one of my big guys (Emissary or Peacekeeper) and give (1) Action as her (0).
Aside from that, she has a shooting attack with a very low range and almost useless :meleeattack.

A 6' SH attack and 7 Wounds almost always means that after shooting she is dead.

Her shooting attack may have a very low range, but she can be pushed around quite easily and her damage track is actually a lot better than it appears on a first glance, because of her slug trigger :)

But sure, her main use is to give out the family characteristic for several reasons (interact denial with Nino, push vectors with Perdita, etc.) and an non Master obey for every Guild crew, which is often handy :)

If you make something family (and why shouldn`t you) she also get`s more survivability through her defensive trigger.

I like her^^

• Like 1

I played her without using the Family (0). She's mobile. Has a good shooting attack, especially with A Debt to the Guild or Hair Trigger and if you have good targets for the Obey she's great. I used Phiona's Look Out, Franciscos Enfretante mostly but she's also good with Manipulative models and Queeg (you can set up the interact aura without losing ap and manipulative models can use actions without losing manipulative)

She works well in a Lucius Guardsmen list - Accomplice everywhere (either on models or with Watch My Back) - allows her to be pushed in place and then rapid fire (Hair Trigger) or my preferred option, she can burn Debt and fire twice triggering Slug the second time. She can also run paired with the Brutal Effigy for similar effect.

On 13.3.2017 at 1:41 PM, Rostislav said:

Personally I pick her because she can give Family characteristic to one of my big guys (Emissary or Peacekeeper) and give (1) Action as her (0).
Aside from that, she has a shooting attack with a very low range and almost useless :meleeattack.

Exactly that. I really like her shotgun, even though you most likely can use it only once. With Perdita, she is nearly always is an auto-pick. Don't forget that other models can push her away from imminent danger - if she survives it in the first place ;)

• Like 1

I've been wondering if I couldn't get more value out of her if I built to use that extra attack she can give out.  I've been playing NB lucius recently, and giving Nekima or the Mature an extra attack each turn really made them shine.  While most guild beaters can take a beating a little better, and thus don't need the extra attack as much as NB ones, there is one exception.  That is the Executioner.  I wonder if I would like abuela more if I was using her with big sexy.

• Like 1

Useful advice, thanks

On 15.03.2017 at 3:57 PM, Myyrä said:

Two notable uses for her include moving Papa around to help him apply his buff to useful models and commanding Emissary to bury a friendly model, which can then be unburied later the same turn when the Emissary activates.