Tournament with Titania advice

Saduhem

Hey everyone, some urgent advice needed.

I've been playing Titania frequently in casual games lately and, although she's the one I have the most fun with, she's also the master with which I am feeling less confident with.

I liked using the "Deal with him" Trigger on Nekima with Malifaux Provides and Queen's Champion, but it's a heavy investment I'm not sure is worth it.

I absolutely love having Barbaros and Tannen with her as models have to attempt sooo many duels.

My main issue with her is that I feel like she's a huge annoyance in an area of the board of about 8 inches, but that's about it. If they really want to kill her, aether connections alone doesn't seem to prevent that. She can drop endless scheme markers around her, but the density of markers and models around that area make claim jump unattainable.

In other words, I feel like she's not really killy enough, nor am I able to run many of the schemes efficiently.

I am thinking that this is a lack of experience and that Titania hasn't "clicked" for me yet.

The Schemes and Strategies for the tournament...which is TOMORROW!!.. have not been revealed in advance. I really want to bring Titania. Any of you other players found out what schemes/strategies she's good at besides Dig their Graves? What are your models of choice? Any experience you may share would help a lot!

Dig their Graves, Search the ruins, Covert Breakthrough, Set Up, Hidden Trap, and Claim Jump are all schemes she is good at (the later requiring you to make sure you can pick up your mess each turn). With the crew selections I prefer she ends up being pretty darn good at Hunting Party, Show of Force, and Quick Murder, as well. She is a decent counter to Neutralize the leader if you hold her back a bit and play cagey. 

Having tried Nekima I think that I prefer Hannah, Anna, Lazarus, either of the Twins, Hans, or Envy as potential Queen's Champion picks. Nekima hits like a truck but she also dies really fast (She's best for when Frame for Murder is in the pool, in my opinion). I've tried Aionus a few times: An 8 to give both twins fast or a 5 to give a Changeling Fast are great options but he is very expensive and a bit more Niche: even with his Scheme Makrer Manipulation. 

As far as range goes try Envy and/or a Performer: both will give you some more range and control over the board (one with an attack and the other with Siren's call which can help you get mileage out of Rougoraou and Changelings (both heavily recommended) and benefit greatly from your ability to litter 1/4th the board with more scheme markers then you probably have in your bag (I know I certainly need to buy more). Mr Graves pairs well with Tannen and adds a bit of movement as well as a very decent beater. Honorable mention to Teddies who can go get a target and bring it back with a flurry of perfectly harmless hugs! 

If survivability is a concern the Mysterious Effigy is a helpful 4 stones and I have found the push very helpful for the Queen. A shaman can also add another source of healing while punishing anyone that gets too close to her royal majesty and further assist the Twins and Graves if they are tagging along. 

• Like 1

Thank you SO much for the advice. I was thinking about Hannah and Envy but I thought I was falling in the trap of "Wanting something to work" in a way that is not optimal. I usually pick Aether Connections, Behold My Glory, and Audience with the Queen. I always having a hard time deciding which one to forgo, and it usually happens to be Behold My Glory.

Would you hire the changelings or use the Emissary to spit them out?

Also, to abuse of envy, how do you usually place scheme markers around enemy models with which you're not engaged? To be clearer, I'm afraid that I'm going to end up randomizing every shot.

Siren's call on performers does sound exceedingly nasty.

• Like 1

Yeah randomization can be a problem with Envy: you just have to pick your targets. I find he helps after Titinia moves.

I'd recommend against the Emmisary: it can be hit or miss and requires some practice whereas Changelings are always fantastic.

Speaking of Changelings if you are concerned about randomizing take a look at Lovelace. Min damage 3, no randomizing, great all around option for Neverborn and Changelings love her gun. 

That's my standard Upgrade loadout, as well. Depending on the pool I sometimes use FgF or work in the upgrade that turns corpse/scrap into scheme markers.

Hannah is a fantastic alternative to the typical "In your face" Beater. She has decent survivability and some neat abilities to her. Her and Anna find their way in to as many of my crews as Nekima does. 

• Like 1

Thanks a lot. I'm really feeling Hanna with Queen's champion. Markers on blasts sound amazing. Performers should also be able to make that more likely to happen.

Also, do you usually hire dedicated scheme runners with Titania? I never seem to have enough stones for a Silurid or a couple of Terrot Tots

I personally tend to take the schemes Titinia can litter markers for however Siliruds are my personal favorite (1 or 2 show up in most of my crews). Tots and Gupps are fine, too, but scheme runners get VP and I am willing to pay the premium for that. That being said Tots are probably great I just have a personal Bias.

• Like 1

My 2 cents...

I find that Nekima with Malifaux Provides and Fears Given Form is super survivable as long as you're willing to hand out Titania's taunt condition pretty reliably.  Put Tannen and/or Barbaros on top of that and I've had her clear out a crew before she goes down.  I haven't put any Changelings on near Nekima yet, but when I do I'll ditch Fears Given Form.  Titania and her box is not killy.  Period.  Full stop.  You  have to bring something in that's going to murder faces.  You'll just have to find out what works best for you.

I never leave home without Tannen and I've been playing around with Graves some as well, and I'm liking him.  He doesn't kill as hard as Nekima, but he's super flexible.  Barbaros I'm fine with but I've been cutting him out due to cost.

I consider Audience with the Queen and Behold my Glory auto includes.  I haven't played around with Queens Champion mainly because it looks like more work than it's worth.  I'm going to test it with Graves, but between The Thorn and The Tooth (I think... the Sword one) I've not had any trouble getting extra markers down.  Between the Tooth and Aether Connection I've not had Titania die yet, but that could be luck or my meta.  

I have yet to be impressed with the Gorar, so I'd suggest taking Primordial Magic.  I would back up Necroon's suggestion of Mysterious Effigy, it's super useful to just walk and put down markers while it's giving Titania some defensive mobility back up.  Performer's are also really good.  I take them expecting to blow up markers for the debuff, but end up just running schemes away from most of the fray but she gets me VP so I'm never disappointed.  Same can be said with the Doppelganger.  This is one of the few times I can see taking a Silurid over a Gupps or Tots, because Titania doesn't have a lot of ways to draw cards, so a 5+ is much easier to hold on to than a Mask.  They are, however, taking up A LOT of your stones.

My biggest failing with Titania so far is figuring out what to take to run schemes away from her bubble.  She's really damn good at taking care of everything in her area, but getting something upfield for leave your mark and such is not her forte.  So you'll have to take other models to make that work.

I hope some of that is useful and not just me rambling.  :-P

I've found taking the mysterious emissary can be good if you have a couple of the Knights in there. 

With the emissary pumping out his Hungry Land markers and the lures from the knights you can lay down some nice damage as well as limiting your opponents access to your models. That and summoning changelings off some of the many scheme markers you're hopefully creating.

For killing I take the mature nephilim. Personally (I know others have their preferences, but this is mine), I prefer him to Nekima. He's cheaper, tankier (+2 armour with queens champion), can put out about as much damage as Nekima (:+fate:+fate to attack with QC) and can often get a free charge off the Deal With Him trigger. as well as having flurry. I've also found that the Claw and The Tooth can do a fair bit of damage.

For scheme runners I either use Gupps or on occasiion, an insidious madness or two. They tie in well with the WP duels and are very very fast.

For taking actual schemes, my stats so far have me at an average of 3vp for Setup, 2.3vp for Dig their Graves, 3vp for plant explosives, 2vp for hidden trap and 2vp for claim jump. I Dabbled with tail em and few other schemes but those seem to be my go-to's now.