Guild ignores armour

RustAndTheCity

No one has it built in, but the Peacekeeper has it on a Tome trigger. Ryle and the Guardian have the same trigger.  Armor ignore is a faction weakness. 

Our best bet has always been Perdita. Unfortunately the highest armor concentration by faction are the Arcanists, and they pick Mei Fang for that reason. 

• Like 1

Ryle can't ignore armor, it's the defensive armor trigger he shares with the guardian (and the wardens*) (I didn't want to have any tomes in hand anyway).

McCabe the master brings the glowing saber, which makes him able to delegate it to anyone who is in position to use it**.

It seems a lock-in that only Perdita can attack at range and ignore armor. Which feels wrong, but then I may have been playing against a certain non-Guild construct with a certain non-Guild upgrade too frequently of late.

*which reminds me to paint a silhouette of Abuela Ortega and Izamu the Armor onto PRick--he's been useful lately

**"use it"="be slaughtered with extreme prejudice on the activation after McCabe's, while the other warden circles around to line up its shot"

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RustAndTheCity said:

I'm thinking about Nellie crews. She can put out some nice damage but I could see her struggling in damage against a crew with lots of armour.

Just hire mercenaries. Ronin are perfect for this role. Johan and Taelor have :+fate:+fate against constructs. The damage by strongarm suit ignores armor on a trigger, as it is the case also for Hans and Bishop.

• Like 2

I think if you play vs certain crews you can actually ignore the Arm 4 izamu, especially with Nellie. Slow + push is usually better than armor ignoring.

Other ideas as: Nurse + Paralyze, warden + Paralyze and probably a few others.

Or you can just take McMourning/Perdita and wreck him in 3 ap

The thing I like about Joss though is: he can be Df6, Ml7 and he doesn't rely on triggers so he's very good to machine puppet. Stacking A Debt with Fast nets you min 12 dmg with Fast and being Immune to Conditions from Numb really hampers what your opponent can do. And he ignores HtK also ;)

23 minutes ago, trikk said:

The issue with the Musket is Sh5.

Isn't Izamu like df 3 or 4? So not a prob in that particular acenario.

The musket is nice if you can get a trap in there. I wonder if Hoffman could enjoy one with the emissary copying that attack with :+fate to damage from a mobile toolkit and possibly a higher sh looped in?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Was reminded of this yesterday: Hoffman can also hire in the soulstone miner, which ignores armor and likes to be buried without the emissary's assistance. Or he can solve the problem indirectly by hiring a large arachnid and having it trigger the target's inability to use its armor altogether, then whacking it with whatever other construct is available. :P

*paints a silhouette of Zoraida onto PRick--he's been very useful lately