Perdita 50 ss list recomendations

Legba

So dipping into the Guild pool (Lured in by a Dita crew I picked up and had pro painted) and have an impending tournament.  Not being an expert by any means any recommendations from those more learned than myself?  I am still relatively new to the game and have mostly been playing Mr. Lynch.

I have the whole family

and one Austringer and can or will get what I need.

Thanks for the advice and assistance!

Legba

• Like 1

A lot of times you don't want to be too badly out activated and it's often better to drop markers with ap from cheaper models. Guild hounds, reporters, the brutal effigy or watchers are all good at that and add different abilities to your crew. You don't need them all but have a closer look at them. An austringer is also nice most of the time.

A lot of people are not that fond of Santiago so he often gets left out. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ludvig said:

A lot of times you don't want to be too badly out activated and it's often better to drop markers with ap from cheaper models. Guild hounds, reporters, the brutal effigy or watchers are all good at that and add different abilities to your crew. You don't need them all but have a closer look at them. An austringer is also nice most of the time.

A lot of people are not that fond of Santiago so he often gets left out. 

I haven't tried reporters with dita yet,  but I like it. 

I really like peacekeeper with Dita, because you have 2 models that are very difficult to deal with for different reasons in the same crew.  

I like hunters with her too because they work well independently.   Perdita needs to nit have to support her crew. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

I haven't tried reporters with dita yet,  but I like it. 

Tried them yesterday, they were wonderful - so much scheming and scheme disruption while Perdita shoots stuff dead, it´s a sight to behold^^

• Like 2

Quick reminder: several common pieces of pre-made tower terrain are 5" tall. Do not set Nino atop one of these. My opponent's plan was to run pure Family (Abuela, mounted guard with shotgun wedding applied, pistoleros, etc.) to shut me down in an all-interact VP pool. If my performer hadn't enticed him to jump to his death, it would have been very effective denial.

• Like 1

You always have to take Brutal Emissary. His 0 upgrade for Dita is great.

1. She gets :mask for Obey, which is great.
2. When you shoot into engagement you don't flip for him when determening random target.

And that's huge.
Really huge.

Now you don't always have to see enemy model, which hides out of your LOS. You don't even have to be in 14' near them.
All you need is to engage your Emissary (in 2') with such models.

And then - shoot him in the back.

The target willl be randomised, but it can never be your Emissary.

As per rulebook "When firing into an engagement it is possible to hit targets that aren’t technically
within LoS or range to the Attacker"

So the range of attack is now 14 + 2 +2 (base) = 18'

Good advise all thanks for the tips

Slowly formulating a list

50 SS Guild Crew
Perdita Ortega + 5 Pool
 - Trick Shooting (2)
 - Dampening Field (1)
Francisco Ortega (8)
 - Wade In (1)
 - Diestro (3)
Santiago Ortega (7)
 - Hair Trigger (1)
Nino Ortega (7)
 - Tormenta de Plomo (1)
Guild Austringer (6)
Brutal Effigy (4)
Guild Hound (3)
Guild Hound (3)

(exported from CrewFaux)

Not sure if this is the way to go or not I know  the strategies are squatters rights take a claim and headhunter which I'm told are very interact heavy  so Nino, Santiago is there only as I have the alt Santana to field and I know that's not a good reason but what the hell!

Feel free to recommend any tweaks, I dont have repoters or watchers cant justify buying a whole box for 1 or 2 models

10 hours ago, Rostislav said:

You always have to take Brutal Emissary. His 0 upgrade for Dita is great.

1. She gets :mask for Obey, which is great.
2. When you shoot into engagement you don't flip for him when determening random target.

And that's huge.
Really huge.

Now you don't always have to see enemy model, which hides out of your LOS. You don't even have to be in 14' near them.
All you need is to engage your Emissary (in 2') with such models.

And then - shoot him in the back.

The target willl be randomised, but it can never be your Emissary.

As per rulebook "When firing into an engagement it is possible to hit targets that aren’t technically
within LoS or range to the Attacker"

So the range of attack is now 14 + 2 +2 (base) = 18'

If that's the thing you want to use (or abuse), take a watcher for 4 ss^^

27 minutes ago, Tris said:

If that's the thing you want to use (or abuse), take a watcher for 4 ss^^

This. Watchers also make you ignore cover against anythng near them so you can use Perdita's (0) for ignoring their armor instead. You can also just ahoot away their cover if you don't want to risk the watcher since it's kinda squishy.

On 2017-03-14 at 4:50 PM, Legba said:

I would have to drop a lot to make room for the emissary though as its 10ss

Drop Santiago and Diestro and you have points to spare or can put the hair trigger on someone else. Diestro looks super cool but Francisco is already the one model your opponent WILL take out turn one or two unless you play him extremely cautiously. If you do that you don'tget any benefit from Diestro so it's sort of a lose/lose situation for you since you aren't forcing hard choices on your opponent but yourself and you are just making it even more obvious what the proper play is for them.

Tormenta di plomo and dampening field are also basically just wasted soulstones in your list. Nino will never be close enough to use plomo and alive at the same time. Hair trigger can be nice on him though, he has excellent range even unfocused and plus flips with rapid fire will get shit shot or force out decent enemy cards.

Perdita will most likely never ever use dampening field unless you expect to face Sebastian. Her other (0)s are just too good and since your crewcan push each other around so much they rarely need to worry about auras. Whatever Perdita would like to shut down can very likely be killed by her or Francisco in a single activation.

So something more like this:

50 SS Guild Crew
Perdita Ortega + 3 Pool
 - Trick Shooting (2)
 - Vengeance Bullet (1)
Francisco Ortega (8)
 - Wade In (1)
 - Diestro (3)
Brutal Emissary (10)
 - Conflux of the Hunt (0)
Nino Ortega (7)
 - Hair Trigger (1)
Guild Austringer (6)
Brutal Effigy (4)
Guild Hound (3)
Guild Hound (3)

(exported from CrewFaux)

Having not played her much or much Malifaux in general I am so unsure of what is the best way to go.

Thanks for the tips 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ludvig said:

Drop Santiago and Diestro and you have points to spare or can put the hair trigger on someone else. Diestro looks super cool but Francisco is already the one model your opponent WILL take out turn one or two unless you play him extremely cautiously. If you do that you don'tget any benefit from Diestro so it's sort of a lose/lose situation for you since you aren't forcing hard choices on your opponent but yourself and you are just making it even more obvious what the proper play is for them.

Tormenta di plomo and dampening field are also basically just wasted soulstones in your list. Nino will never be close enough to use plomo and alive at the same time. Hair trigger can be nice on him though, he has excellent range even unfocused and plus flips with rapid fire will get shit shot or force out decent enemy cards.

Perdita will most likely never ever use dampening field unless you expect to face Sebastian. Her other (0)s are just too good and since your crewcan push each other around so much they rarely need to worry about auras. Whatever Perdita would like to shut down can very likely be killed by her or Francisco in a single activation.

So something more like this:

50 SS Guild Crew
Perdita Ortega + 3 Pool
 - Trick Shooting (2)
 - Vengeance Bullet (1)
Francisco Ortega (8)
 - Wade In (1)
 - Diestro (3)
Brutal Emissary (10)
 - Conflux of the Hunt (0)
Nino Ortega (7)
 - Hair Trigger (1)
Guild Austringer (6)
Brutal Effigy (4)
Guild Hound (3)
Guild Hound (3)

(exported from CrewFaux)

Having not played her much or much Malifaux in general I am so unsure of what is the best way to go.

Thanks for the tips 

Edited by Legba
correting spelling
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ludvig said:

Looks good. You'll need a few ganes to find your own preferences.

Did you throw out the nephilim? I really really like it, the mobility it offers does wonders.

I had it out but can add it with the ss back from taking out Diestro

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Legba said:

I had it out but can add it with the ss back from taking out Diestro

It's anextra activation and that mobility will not let you down. Being able to shift tempo and get places out of activation is generally very strong in this game. If some nasty enemy gets you out of position the neph can pull you back or you can move Fancisco to a place where he can put el mayor on someone instead of wasting it that turn. Being able to get Perdita further up is also helpful for alpha strikes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ludvig said:

It's anextra activation and that mobility will not let you down. Being able to shift tempo and get places out of activation is generally very strong in this game. If some nasty enemy gets you out of position the neph can pull you back or you can move Fancisco to a place where he can put el mayor on someone instead of wasting it that turn. Being able to get Perdita further up is also helpful for alpha strikes.

I have learned not to overextend while playing Lynch who has such limited range and while he is kind of a one trick pony (Pay for blood, final debt) he does that well.  But he is SLOW and I think I am going to like having Dita's much longer range.  So I can definatly see where any free movement is good.  it will just mean a ss pool of 3 instead of 6

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Legba said:

I have learned not to overextend while playing Lynch who has such limited range and while he is kind of a one trick pony (Pay for blood, final debt) he does that well.  But he is SLOW and I think I am going to like having Dita's much longer range.  So I can definatly see where any free movement is good.  it will just mean a ss pool of 3 instead of 6

If you like soulstones in your cache you could also drop both hounds to add a watcher and the neph. 

4 hours ago, Ludvig said:

If you like soulstones in your cache you could also drop both hounds to add a watcher and the neph. 

The hounds were there for scheme running (I know a savvy opponent will just kill one of the hounds and then no more scheme running) I dont have a watcher yet but I found a online store that sells singles from box sets!  

27 minutes ago, Legba said:

The hounds were there for scheme running (I know a savvy opponent will just kill one of the hounds and then no more scheme running) I dont have a watcher yet but I found a online store that sells singles from box sets!  

It's safer to have three to scheme run. A watcher and the effigy should be plenty, especially with an austringer in the list.