Primal's "Law of Meat"

RotatingPanda

4 hours ago, RotatingPanda said:

I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but in order to for the Primal to use "Law of Meat", would they need to have Specialized Skill: Intimidate and Mask or Tome? Or am I missing some other way to add suits to a duel total?

They need two suits, which means they have to get the second one from somewhere.

Specialized Skill (Intimidate) is certainly one way to go about that. There are a few other ways to add suits to duels, such as the Channel Destiny Talent or the Set 'em Up Talent of the Collaborator Pursuit (both of which are also in Into the Steam).

• Like 2

I don't think you can use the Harness Soulstone skill in this case.  In the rules for using Charges under Augment Duel it says "Add a Suit of the character's choice to the casting total of a Duel. The Suit may only be used for Triggers."

As you want it for the actually cast and not any triggers I don't think this will work.  At least with the current rules, it might change in TTB second Edition.

11 minutes ago, RotatingPanda said:

Will 2e have a conversion guide for 1e or a forum post that draws attention to the changes?

For the most part, I don't think a conversion guide will be necessary.

Groups can either convert over without too much difficulty (three ranks in Academic and two ranks in Dabbler are still three ranks in Academic and two ranks in Dabbler, just go through and choose Talents as you go and replace discontinued Skill as necessary) or just wait until their current campaign is finished and then start the next one with 2nd edition (since TTB is meant to have fixed campaign lengths).

That being said, the Skills chapter mentions the discontinued Skills and what to replace them with in second edition (Appraise -> Notice or Crafting, Farming -> Homesteading, Geography -> Wilderness, Labor -> Athletics, Navigation -> Wilderness, Teach -> Leadership).

The only discontinued Skill without a direct translation is Harness Soulstone, which is just gone (as Soulstones are now less expensive, easier to use, and more like their Malifaux counterparts).

I am planning to create a new 2nd edition FAQ document once the Core Rules releases that will touch upon some of the material in existing supplements in order to clarify them in light of the new rules. At the moment, though, that list is only about six items long, and it's mostly stuff like "Despite Poison now only affecting Living creatures, Flesh Constructs still heal from Poison granted by their Embalmed ability" or "the Specialized Upgrade Talent of the Augmented Pursuit still allows characters to benefit from pneumatic limbs, despite Constructs normally not gaining any benefit from such replacements."

2 hours ago, Mason said:

That being said, the Skills chapter mentions the discontinued Skills and what to replace them with in second edition (Appraise -> Notice or Crafting, Farming -> Homesteading, Geography -> Wilderness, Labor -> Athletics, Navigation -> Wilderness, Teach -> Leadership).

The only discontinued Skill without a direct translation is Harness Soulstone, which is just gone (as Soulstones are now less expensive, easier to use, and more like their Malifaux counterparts).

Excellent. Skills are definitely the thing I was most curious about. My only concern now is how long we have to wait for it to come out, but I'm okay with "Christmas in the Summer" ;) 

• Like 1