McCabe - guild or ten thunders

Aa7

So pretty much as per the title. Why should I run McCabe as guild rather than ten thunders? Currently I'm not sure which way I want to go with him so looking for reasons for and against each faction is what I'm asking you all for help with please.

TT has the better minions to reactivate and their emissary dove tails perfectly with what McCabe wants to do. He is a really strong master either way, TT just makes him a notch better. Also, the TCW breaks some mechanics for McCabe and makes him very strong 

You play him in guild because you like the look/feel of guild models. :)

One fun trick he can't do in TT is play the disruption game with el mayor from Francisco, defensive from a guardian and promises on himself. That gets him to df 9 :+fate:+fate and wp 8 :+fate which can hold a few models in place.

Other than that I'm not sure what guild offers that's better if that ia what you are asking. More companion activations for massive spikes of damage perhaps? Silly ways to bury opponents. Those are sort of the guild's "thing".

Both wardens and wastrels can be taken in TT and while the rider is bonkers turn four and five the minions are better turn one and equaly good turn two, and that's in a single activation. If McCabe reactivates them they have a lot higher damage potential than the rider.

If this helps, the win ratio for TT McCabe under GG2017 is significantly higher according to logfaux statistics:

https://logfaux.com/dashboard/meta

Of course, take these statistics with caution. It may the case that most of guild players are beginners. In this case, it is natural that their win ratio is lower.

I would play guild myself, because guild.:) In the end, we play this game because we love the look of the minis. Just imagine the satisfaction you would get after painting a model like the pale rider versus jorogumos. This should drive your decision.

• Like 1

Luna's best ability is making hounds significant for scheme running. The Weasel provides card draw, movement and healing. If you aren't bringing a large number of hounds (and they will have to come through his infiltrate) then Luna may not be the best choice

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Ravenphoenixxx said:

It seems to me that the hounds are kind of an auto take with McCabe. I suppose that it really comes down to the schemes and strats? I am a newbie player, if you couldn't tell ;-)

Like all things it all comes down to the strats and schemes. Some pools will punish having all the puppers about, Hunting Party for example, and the super weasel can fill Luna's roll quite well with its own usefulness. On paper I think GG2017 will see Luna played the majority of the time since most pools will be pretty scheme oriented.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

just like to say I love this post im new to McCabe (I want to play a support master to help my positioning and deployment) normally  play jack daw or the viks very run in and hit everything very hard.

McCabe seems (and correct me if im wrong) like he wants to be near the action but not actually in it similar to Molly so that he can get all of the shenanigans off  

He really enjoys being smack in the middle of the action. If you take Francisco and put el mayor on McCabe he is defence 9 when engaged with two models. You then have promises on him, give out two upgrades to some other models and charge him straight into the enemy crew turn one. Then your beaters that just got upgrades and pushed can hopefully follow him and charge into the promises aura. If neede you can give him defenaice with Luna or a guardian.

2 minutes ago, Richard matthews said:

I like the super weasel and im thinking of using him as 10T

Then you came to the wrong part of the forums ;) Some people consider him better in TT but I would expect them to give you more advice if you start a thread in the TT-section. 

27 minutes ago, Richard matthews said:

no but they have wastrels which are both but can be quite useful and if fast they can walk not combat hit twice at min damage 4, cards permitting, and then gain defensive +1

Sorry to burst your bubble, but wastrels aren't considered very good by the wider audience.