We're currently updating the site and a few things may run slow or not as expected at the moment. Give us a day or two to get everything sorted out and changed up if you would.

One of the new things you'll see about are the 'sticky notes' which you will occasionally see from the site Admins if something important shows up or is newsworthy, or if you happen to be in one of our many beta testing groups giving you an additional heads up when something new needs to be looked at or sorted.

You can send these amongst yourselves as well if you wish, just don't abuse it. 

Thanks for your patience!

Nathan Caroland Nathan Caroland
Alexander Tsikarev

Help vs McMourning and Resser crew

Hello. I'm having troubles battling McMourning and a poison-oriented crew. I'm facing an experienced player and he's running Sebastian and Rafkin both with Transfusion, 2 Nurses, 2 Canine Remains plus Rotten Belle. The fact is that he outactivates me and then kills one of my models in 15'' range. I tried to play Ironsides with Captain and Mages + Warding Runes against him, but he just kills the Blood Ward mage and puts a Flesh Construct there disabling most of my crew, and then he can poison Tony and others easily. While he's doing this, his summoned Autopsies and Canine Remains do missions.

In order to stop him outactivating me, i'm considering Sandeep + Mech rider. Sandeep will summon poison gamins and Banasuva, and they will be stopping the combo or sacrificing themselves to it (Banasuva can even Toss Sebastian). The Mech rider can summon more food for poisoning and on turn 3-4 he can start attacking with incorporeal. The other parts will be 3 mages and Joss with runes who will be the main beater after enemy's engaged with the summoned models.

I'm also considering a heavy Ml crew with Langston and Joss, but i don't know how to build it against poison.

What's wrong with my plan and how can i improve it? I understand that the crew should be built to earn vp, but this cant be done without stopping the combo.

Fictor   

The best miniature vs Transfusion is the Performer, if he charge someting you can expurge 12" range, same with the Autpsies :P

retnab   

What is he using to get to the Blood Mage?  You might want to consider keeping the Blood Mage further back, and maybe having another Enforcer nearby with Well Rehearsed.  Between that and Temporary Shielding it should take a bunch of damage to take it out.  If you're playing against someone who regularly uses McM, don't forget that the Arcane Effigy and Johan both can remove Conditions which could help too.

Durza   

That crew your opponent is taking is very squishy, hit it hard and hit it fast, even Mcmourning crumbles to a dedicated assault.

thanks for the Performer idea. The problem with the mages is that they should be standing close to each other in order to have at least one tome in cast. And they must be in 10'' of the Warding Runes holder also. So I cannot keep him too far.

With Ironsides you might want to consider fewer Mages or not worrying about clustering them as much. Keeping the Mages 10" back is a lot easier if you're not worried about using them as a gunline at the same time. Usually if I'm going in with this kind of mindset, the Blood Mage is sitting back in a "no conditions from you" position until conditions no longer matter (Effigy and/or Johan on front line, for instance; source is dead, or their focus has shifted from trying to deal with the Henchman and Ironsides with poison to just trying to kill them outright). It also lets me use that Mage to respond to changes on the board, like a stray close-range support model moving up.

The additional Tomes come in handy if you want triggers, but if the triggers don't matter, don't worry about them. If you need the triggers and you're bringing the full set, the Nemesis Ward Mage has a Tome built in from their upgrade. The other two just need to be at 3" apart to benefit from Resonance. If you're using the Captain, it's not as necessary to have Resonance maxed out for pushing enemies around--your Mages would be better off taking advantage of the relative fragility of some of the key pieces in the crew and killing things. Put burning on them or ignore armor, give them slow if they haven't activated and you have a Tome in your total. Let The Captain push things in any direction if needed, and let Ironsides handle pushing models into combat with her. The Captain will likely find himself making sure that Sebastian and McMourning aren't ending their activation next to something important that can be poisoned.

Still on the Ironsides vein: Johan is M&SU, so is everything in Toni's box. So is everything you might hire for her outside of the Emissary. He gets bonuses for being around M&SU, and everything in Ironsides' crew gets bonuses for being a little banged up. Hand Picked Men and a Relic Hammer for 7 stones is slick. Toss Well Rehearsed on him and have a second (or third) lease on life with one of your key pieces. Similarly, Amina Naidu and the Shastar Vidiya Guards are both Academics and M&SU, so they can be supported by Ironsides as well as support the Mages.

I love the idea of using a Performer to Sip of Wine the poison caddies in McMourning's crew. This might not be a bad direction to go with Sandeep, since the Performer can borrow some of Sandeep's abilities if you don't need her using her own (or want her to have a (0) action).

Adran   

Arcane Effigy is a top condiiton remover. Johan is a good condiiton remover.  

He appears to have 8-9 activations, so its not a huge number, and he is wanting a careful order to get it right. So hold back on your important models until he has moved the belle or both transfusion targtes. You can always use ironsides to bring back the model that the belle lures in if you want. 

Spiders are a good way to pad your activations, especially against Lure crews, because if he lures them in, he will be lowering his Df, makign it easier for you to attack him. Performers are a good way to stop him doing poison tricks on his own crew, as they will remove it from enemy models pretty easily with the sip[ of wince trigger on Sirens call. 

Also Hold a high card to try and deny the Transfusion. If his whiole list is built to win those 2 duels against you (transfusion and Expunge), hold your hand to try and deny them. If Expunge fails, then you hopefully have a fairly decent model in the middle of his crew ready to cause mayhem. 

Both Transfusion and Expunge are Ca6 so they cannot be 100% denied. As for the activations, he summons a Guild Autopsy t1 and has 11 models after that. Looks like it won't be easy to outactivate him, so i'll try Sandeep - Rider plan once and then will try Joss + Miss Step. Both of them cannot be killed with a single Expunge and can switch his combo off.

Adran   
9 minutes ago, Alexander Tsikarev said:

Both Transfusion and Expunge are Ca6 so they cannot be 100% denied. As for the activations, he summons a Guild Autopsy t1 and has 11 models after that. Looks like it won't be easy to outactivate him, so i'll try Sandeep - Rider plan once and then will try Joss + Miss Step. Both of them cannot be killed with a single Expunge and can switch his combo off.

If he summons a Guild autopsy on turn 1, then he has to have found some way to generate a corpse counter (possibly the dig a bone action on the remains but they need a suited card, so can't always do it), and also will have had to activate McMorning to summon that autopsy. 

There is not a 100% way to stop anything, but if he is still holding a large portion of his crew together in later turns to achieve this death, you can be trying to spread out your forces, and score points else where. And sometimes you draw a better hand than the opponent, so using good cards to try and stop expunge/transfusion is sometimes enough. 

What you've shown us of the list suggests that other than trying to Lure the blood mage in, his crew is going to struggle to get to a blood mage at the back of the crew. Especially if you try and wait as long as possible to activate it.  McMornign  can probably manage it, but then he isn't doing expunge on lone models. 

personally I have some form of kill myself that will cause significant damage at least 15" away as well, so I can start to destroy his plan before he can destroy mine. (IMbueded energies can really help with this, but Cerberus, Howard, Blessed, Rail Golem are all models that can threaten over 15 inches and hit hard enough to rip apart a large portion of this crew. In the crew you originally used I would consider using the captain to push Ironsides forward and then try and hold Ironsides activation as long as possible. If he pulls her in, she has a decent chance to survive and attack back (Use soulstones) and if he goes for something else, then she can also pull it back (and soemtimes the terrain works that she will be blocking the lure route ruining what he is otherwise trying to achieve. ) When she does activate, she ought to then be in place to be able to charge something, and hopefully kill it. Sebatian is probably my prefered choice out of what you listed, but it depends on what you can get to. 

Played lots of times against Douglas and his crew..

His poison/expunge/summon circle can be very disgusting. In my opinion the keys against him are his low DF & WP stats.

And Douglas is 'only' Hard to Wound. Beaters with a high 'Weak' damage can drop his wounds down very fast.

And if Raspy is out of her cave, searchin for trouble. She might love to paralyze the mad Doctor..

2 hours ago, Adran said:

If he summons a Guild autopsy on turn 1, then he has to have found some way to generate a corpse counter (possibly the dig a bone action on the remains but they need a suited card, so can't always do it), and also will have had to activate McMorning to summon that autopsy. 

There is not a 100% way to stop anything, but if he is still holding a large portion of his crew together in later turns to achieve this death, you can be trying to spread out your forces, and score points else where. And sometimes you draw a better hand than the opponent, so using good cards to try and stop expunge/transfusion is sometimes enough. 

What you've shown us of the list suggests that other than trying to Lure the blood mage in, his crew is going to struggle to get to a blood mage at the back of the crew. Especially if you try and wait as long as possible to activate it.  McMornign  can probably manage it, but then he isn't doing expunge on lone models. 

personally I have some form of kill myself that will cause significant damage at least 15" away as well, so I can start to destroy his plan before he can destroy mine. (IMbueded energies can really help with this, but Cerberus, Howard, Blessed, Rail Golem are all models that can threaten over 15 inches and hit hard enough to rip apart a large portion of this crew. In the crew you originally used I would consider using the captain to push Ironsides forward and then try and hold Ironsides activation as long as possible. If he pulls her in, she has a decent chance to survive and attack back (Use soulstones) and if he goes for something else, then she can also pull it back (and soemtimes the terrain works that she will be blocking the lure route ruining what he is otherwise trying to achieve. ) When she does activate, she ought to then be in place to be able to charge something, and hopefully kill it. Sebatian is probably my prefered choice out of what you listed, but it depends on what you can get to.

I'm a huge fan of dropping a Blessed (Luther, in my case) or Cerberus into the middle of an opponent's plans. These are relatively low-cost beaters (compared to a tooled up Joss or Hank) that I hire to be cruise missiles. An early push of Ironsides, followed by a held activation on her can help you use her to respond to what your opponent does in a controlling/disruptive manner. If your opponent pulls her in (and out of range of your stuff), don't despair. She'll start with a ton of Adrenaline, and depending on the shape she's in and upgrades you took, she can heal herself up a great deal as a (0) and pull in the not-yet-activated Effigy, or (0) to place next to and  starting beating down the key pieces, using her triggers to get follow up attacks and abuse your opponent for bringing her into the mix right away. While his crew is tied up with her, your crew scores strat/scheme (or sets up for it). She's not invulnerable, but she can take a couple good hits and isn't worried about Expunge or activating with the Poison condition in their aura if she's not on her last wound. Alternatively, if Johan or the Effigy is nearby, all that work to draw Ironsides in and Poison her before she activates is for naught.

If you switch gears to Sandeep, Banasuva makes for a great cruise missile (under Commands) because you can recycle him and depending on the upgrades either threat far or lock down a cluster of models (6" place as a (0), 40mm base on Master, and 6" place on the summon on a 50mm base summons; immune to slow significantly increases threat range (flames) or take the bonus range on your attacks to create a roughly 8" diameter circle of tied down models).