Wokou raiders

Somnicide

So, now that the Wokou Raiders have been out a couple of months, are people using them? What are their thoughts on them?

8 ss seems hard to fit in to the Misaki lists I've been running, but the models are absolutely gorgeous so I'd like to figure a way to make them happen, if they will ever see table time.

Thanks!

• Like 1

I've played them in Outcasts a few games. 

Once you get them in melee (10T should have no problem with that), they are extremely tanky. Ml 6 with a positive flip and either free pushes or extra attacks from other models is very good. 

Add possible scheme marker shenanigans (and more free pushes!) for a low Tome and you have youself a solid model. 

When I first saw them in the boom I went "meeeeeh", but then I tried them and went ohmygodletmetaketwo. 

Just bear in mind that they're highly specialized models intended to quickly reposition and tarpit mid-tier melee beaters. Things that are stat 7 or 6 with positive will eat them for breakfast. 

• Like 2

I really see the potential in them for Collect the Bounty. You have a collection of good abilities and a decent damage spread (and the option of critical strike) all wrapped up for the strategy cost of a minion. 

Interference is also another option as their pushes when markers are dropped allow for out of activation  movement to force more engagement or disengage the Wokou.

I don't know whether to get the box or hunt down spare Wokou Raider models.

• Like 1

I haven't had much of a chance to run them with Misaki, but I've played about a dozen games with them in a Viks crew.

The scheme marker push is pretty useful- stand in either scoring location for LYM or CJ/STR, place a marker, kick it to the other scoring location, place another marker.

They do take a bit to drop in combat, so they're useful for collect the bounty.

I can imagine that they would go beserk with either fast and a + from Toshiro, or a few extra +'s from Kang, but I'm yet to try that. 

You shouldn't have too much effort finding one from a friend. I wouldn't expect to see three on the table at once. I've painted one to suit my Viks crew, another to suit Misaki.

• Like 1