Raspi blog post

theshepherd

I've recently switched from Ressers to Arcanists kicking off my change with 'tina. Thought I plug a post here where I give a quick run down of what I've picked up so far

http://abnormalifaux.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/do-you-wanna-build-snow-witch.html

There are a few tournament reports and painting post further back on the blog as well covering my Arc'17 progress if people are interested too.

• Like 2

Great post! Looking forward to read about your progress.

What do you think about Seize the Day? I think it seems like really neat training wheels, but there is probably more power in running Raspy with Imbued Energies. However, that requires way more great positioning.

Welcome to the good(?) guys! :)

Look forward to following. Quick question, you mentioned that stoning for a mask repeat trigger after focus is better than 2 normal attacks. In certain situations I definitely agree. But I notice that you don't usually take Shattered Mirror, instead taking Armor of December. Without Shattered Mirror, Raspy can't declare triggers on any of her ice mirror attacks. Do you usually get her close enough to the action to not need to Ice mirror much?

• Like 1

I don't tend to use ice mirror must just due to the drop in Ca value means I need to throw a higher card. 12" range I've found to be enough when snowstorm can carry her around. 

Ice mirror I do like for throwing out the ice pillars though. Nice to shut off lanes early and the drop in Ca doesn't really matter there.

• Like 1

I find emissary and snowstorm work as a decent combo so it's not really one of t'other.

the place and pushes from snowstorm means that the single turn range of emissary is huge and while he's sitting in the middle of opposing crew you have time to get the rest of your crew in position.

but probably more to do with how I play than solid tactics.

I have tried and enjoyed the Snow Storm / Emissary combo, but it is a huge chunk of your points so I understand anyone who is a bit hesitant about it.  I'm actually not much of a fan of the Blessed, since its more restrictive in who it wants to be attacking (non-Armored, non-Construct enemies).  I've tried him in lists where I've really needed that one specific model dead above everything else, but because it has Armor +1 its min damage of 2 is not going far.  While the Emissary also has a min damage 2 attack, on the charge you can also use its min damage 4 attack and the guaranteed 2 damage (0) helps a lot as well when you don't need its 3" push.

• Like 1

On 2017-03-10 at 6:53 PM, theshepherd said:

His main job is to look scary but I think he's solid with SnowStorm's place he can get off some decent sneaky charges and gives another ice mirror to bounce through.

there are probably better models for the job but he's definitely been fun

Storm placing it to get into charge position seems rather strong, but I dont know if it is better than Myranda with Imbued Energies. 

On 3/11/2017 at 3:08 PM, retnab said:

I have tried and enjoyed the Snow Storm / Emissary combo, but it is a huge chunk of your points so I understand anyone who is a bit hesitant about it.  I'm actually not much of a fan of the Blessed, since its more restrictive in who it wants to be attacking (non-Armored, non-Construct enemies).  I've tried him in lists where I've really needed that one specific model dead above everything else, but because it has Armor +1 its min damage of 2 is not going far.  While the Emissary also has a min damage 2 attack, on the charge you can also use its min damage 4 attack and the guaranteed 2 damage (0) helps a lot as well when you don't need its 3" push.

I use Blessed for schemes primarily, attacking secondarily.  Leap to get into position with two AP left is huge to me for that, and after scheme running she is completely competent in combat, and good at eating enemy scheme runners as well. the "Interceptor" position that people have been talking about lately.  

33 minutes ago, MetaphoricDragn said:

I use Blessed for schemes primarily, attacking secondarily.  Leap to get into position with two AP left is huge to me for that, and after scheme running she is completely competent in combat, and good at eating enemy scheme runners as well. the "Interceptor" position that people have been talking about lately.  

Do you use Ice Dancers at all? They seem like they would fulfill the interceptor position for cheaper, and can also drop markers after attacking enemy scheme runners.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BFOmega said:

Do you use Ice Dancers at all? They seem like they would fulfill the interceptor position for cheaper, and can also drop markers after attacking enemy scheme runners.

Ice Dancers are newer so I don't have as many games with them under my belt like I do Blessed, but you are right, they are absolutely lovely models.  I also play neverborn and sillurids, so I have a special fondness for leap.  

12 hours ago, BFOmega said:

I have tried the Ice Dancers, and I think they are ok! Butterfly Jump isn't as taxing with all the card draws from Imbued Energies/Surge, and it can be a quite powerful defensive mechanism. They hit with quite a punch for a 6ss model who got a lot else going for it. More than capable of killing models in the 3-6ss range (if they don't have Armor). Overall they have good and overlapping abilities that gives you options. For instance, instead of doing a disengaging strike they can swipe at an enemy with their Mask trigger to push away, then walk once, and push again. That is a swipe with an ok damage track and 10" movement (if you got tomes for their (0) they can on top of all that throw down a scheme-marker even while engaged too).

On 2017-03-11 at 7:37 PM, theshepherd said:

Not tried the blessed yet I'll have to give it a try

You mean, I will give Myranda a try! Myranda is fantastic with Raspy and its really nice to have the ability to tailor what beast the situation calls for. I tend to mostly take the Ceberus due to its offensive prowess, but Blessed has a safer leap and is probably better going against certain scheme-runners. But setting up a Cerberus on turn two/three while getting an extra activation from Myranda, who can charge something or run a scheme, and lets you draw four extra cards is very powerful.

• Like 1