Realization on samurai

Somnicide

In that line of thought: Are you willing to take, say, two Terracottas for additional instances of Ancient Protection? Because I have been thinking about trying that for a while but have to wait until I can order my own Terracotta Warriors.

I'm totally willing to bring two if there's going to be a decent amount of upgrade-swapping, and I have at least one target I want to anciently protect. Yan Lo with permanent :+fates from Recalled Training is one (protected via Chiaki), I'd probably do it with McCabe too to protect Luna and my reactivating Dawn Serpent, also Brewmaster for Wesley. Being able to slap it on a Samurai when I have nothing better to target is kinda compelling, but the fact that it outright kills a Warrior without a card to discard does sour it a little.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dogmantra said:

but the fact that it outright kills a Warrior without a card to discard does sour it a little.

I don't think you should limit its use to prevent the mega damage hit. Models with nasty triggers (slow/paralyse/onslaught/overpower) are also worth passing the damage onto so that the trigger fails. I think this condition brings a lot of protection to TT. 

Totally agree, it just means that I'm probably not going to prioritise ancient protecting a Samurai over other stuff. And tbh if I'm bringing one for shooting it probably gets Jigoku by default since the other two are more melee focused. It is a nice trick as an aside though.

• Like 1