Arcane Emissary - not a Resser's best friend

I played against a friend's Colette crew tonight and I have to say that the Arcane Emissary can be a real pain in the @$$. I got the battlefield all littered with corpse markers (as any good Resser does) and see some large metal Minotaur foaming at the mouth ... a quick check of it's rules (always own all books lol) it would appear this beast loves to charge 10" and then blast all corpse markers and scheme markers within 3" out of existence.

So I send my Carrion Emissary up and keep using "Shards" to block his charge lane and summon a zombie into combat with it guaranteeing he can't charge. Of course his stupid "Mecha-bull cheese factory Emissary also has a trigger on his attack that makes you lose the ability to drop a corpse marker (by no longer counting as living or undead". 

I have to say my Reva team has never had to work so hard to get corpses in my life. If it wasn't for cheating in Crows on the Shieldbearer's attacks I would have basically been relying on one Corpse Candle every turn.

In all seriousness though it isn't over powered or cheesy (to be honest I think the Carrion Emissary with "My Little Helper" might win in a cheese competition) But I do have to say to anyone out there who has little-to-no experience facing the Arcane Emissary he does a great job of robbing you of one of your most valuable resources. MAke sure you keep him engaged and preferably with spirits or other models that wouldn't drop corpse markers in the first place. 

• Like 3

The longer I play this game the more I realize that McMourning is usually the right drop into Arcanists.  They bring armor in spades and he just.  Doesn't.  Care.  Plus he doesn't need corpse markers to do his thing either.  The only time I ran into the arcane emissary I was playing Doctor Doug and I turned him into a flesh construct.

the arcane emissary ist the only emissary without hard to kill. take him out before he can get through your Crew. Sure you need something big to stop him, but if you need your ressourses it's worth it. I like Mc Mourning vs. arcanists. And my horror-Molly.