The Good, The Bad, and The Wyrd. 50ss GG2017 3 round tournament 13th May 2017 at Wargames Southport

Chris P Bacon

Hi,

I'm running a 32 man 1 day tournament at Wargames (http://www.wargamesuk.co.uk/) in Southport, Merseyside on Saturday May 13th 2017.

This will be a 50ss fixed faction 3 round event following the GG2017 pack, which will be ranked.  With tickets costing £20 for the day.

The prizes will all be in store credit and providing we hit 32 players, they'll be as follows:

1st place £75

2nd place £50

3rd place £25

Best sportsman £50 

Best painted crew £25

and the obligatory wooden spoon for last place.

Wargames is a huge venue situated right in the centre of Southport with plenty of hotels/B&B's nearby and is just a 5 minute walk from the train station. 

Tickets now available from  http://www.wargamesuk.co.uk/the-good-the-bad-and-the-wyrd---malifaux-tournament 

Rulespack including Strats and Schemes here: https://1drv.ms/b/s!AhVg_NmcEBuphBlq3RkpWNnvf6qc

This will be the 1st of many events at Wargames so I hope to see you there!

Thanks, Chris

Players - a (p) indicates they've paid.

1. Mick Jerome (p)

2. Simon Chatterly (p)

3. Kieran Callister (p)

4. Kevin Skitt (p)

5. Carl Lee (p) 

6. Rob Temple (p)

7. Kev Gillett (p)

8. Dan Green (p)

9. Jane Barrow (p)

10. Jay Durr (p)

11. Jonathon Gaskell (p) 

12. Pete Butler (p)

12 hours ago, Clousseau said:

Looking at the entry fee and prize support for this event it may be worth you looking at this recent discussion on facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/1347973228562774/permalink/1709698122390281/

Thanks fella, the prices and prize support for this are set by the store to cover their staffing costs (drinks service at your tables etc). They run events for other systems with varying prices (usually higher than this). I'll check out the discussion now ?

17 hours ago, Skitt_Happens said:

What will be the timings for this event, please?

Hi at the minute the timings are looking like this:

9.30-10.00 registration 

10.00-12.00 round 1

12.00-12.45 lunch

12.45-14.45 round 2

15.00-17.00 round 3

17.00-17.30 prizes

I'll confirm these time once I've finished writing the rules pack

Thanks

• Like 1

Yeah me and 2 lads are coming over from the Isle of Man.  Just booked it and there's about 10 so far I think.  Just needs the event list updating so people know there's people going!  Looks empty at the minute but this isn't the case.

For those not sure I would say it is well worth a trip.  Wargames (where the event is) is a great shop and I have been to 2 40k events there (July and January).  I've gotten to know Martin (shop owner) well and he puts on a good event and I know Chris (the Henchman at said store) is working with him to have a great event.  Accommodation is pretty cheap in Southport and it's a great night out for those interested in that (Us Manxies are and you are welcome to join us).  

This is the first one they are doing so bound to be a few teething issues getting it right but hopefully there can be a good turn out for this.  The success of the NWO and LCO 40k events gives me confidence and these were both 50 plus events so it has the scale to go much bigger if we can get the interest for them.

• Like 1

A great day had by all at "the good, the bad and the wyrd". 12 players over 3 rounds, my 1st tournament and a pleasure to run. The prizes were as follows (including mystery boxes etc which were randomly determined by a d12):
1st. Dan Green - £75 in store credit and a small mystery box
2nd. Kieren Callister - £50 in store credit
3rd. Mick Jerome - £25 in store credit
Best sportsman. Rob Temple - £50 in store credit 
Best crew. James Durr (Titania) - £25 in store credit
Large mystery box. Kevin Skitt
Small mystery box. Johnathon Gaskell
Ltd edition brewmaster card. Carl Lee
Wooden Spoon. Pete Butler

Just like to give some feedback

Venue was great, and ran smoothly (timings pretty much spot on)

Prize support was brill (even if I didn't get anything) though do like to see a trophy of some sorts as well as certificates

Players all seemed great too, no disagreements

Tables were a bit hit and miss scenery wise, but with regular events it wont take much to ensure all are to the great standard of the majority (even ask entrants to bring some along, even small prize for best table maybe?)

Hope this becomes regular as fairly local to me, and north west events seem quite sporadic

Cheers Chris, and everyone I played too (if they are on here, all new ppl I hadn't met before)

2 hours ago, KevinGillett said:

Just like to give some feedback

Venue was great, and ran smoothly (timings pretty much spot on)

Prize support was brill (even if I didn't get anything) though do like to see a trophy of some sorts as well as certificates

Players all seemed great too, no disagreements

Tables were a bit hit and miss scenery wise, but with regular events it wont take much to ensure all are to the great standard of the majority (even ask entrants to bring some along, even small prize for best table maybe?)

Hope this becomes regular as fairly local to me, and north west events seem quite sporadic

Cheers Chris, and everyone I played too (if they are on here, all new ppl I hadn't met before)

Appreciate the feedback Kev, glad you had a good time! Hopefully see you at the next one which will be bigger and better!