Killjoy & McMourning?

Hey guys, I've spent months trying to decide on my very first crew and I think I'm ready to choose McMourning for his Faction options, aesthetics,  and newb-friendly gameplay. However, I play Heroes of the Storm, Stitches is my main, so I'm really wanting to pick up Killjoy. I can't find anything too detailed on the two, but for the experts out there, is this a good idea? Killjoy is an unpredictable model, to be sure, but I like the idea.

...this is only theory faux, but pairing a master that wants to be within 8" of deaths with a model that pops from deaths and immediately charges seems...risky. I wonder what Ressers have for master-independent launch options. Guild McMourning would have a brutal emissary to launch Killjoy at a distant scheme marker or unchargeable reporters to screen Killjoy's charge vectors and turn him away from his own crew.

1 hour ago, Gnomezilla said:

...this is only theory faux, but pairing a master that wants to be within 8" of deaths with a model that pops from deaths and immediately charges seems...risky. I wonder what Ressers have for master-independent launch options. Guild McMourning would have a brutal emissary to launch Killjoy at a distant scheme marker or unchargeable reporters to screen Killjoy's charge vectors and turn him away from his own crew.

He'd make a great secondary beatstick for a pincer maneuver, though. Positioned correctly, he could cut a swath through the flank while Sebastian follows along outside of LOS, raising Canine Remains and inflicting Aura damage. 

3 hours ago, Gnomezilla said:

You don't have to unbury Killjoy when something dies (his ability say "may"), so if you would have to charge something in your own crew, don't unbury him.

• Like 2

I don't think following outside of LoS is really doable, Sebastian is faster than Killjoy.

Having him start buried and popping out of something seems very doable though, McMourning and Sebastian tend to create corpses and if they don't there are plenty of sacrificial models you could use in McMourning's crew like autopsies or the chihuahua. Once Killjoy is out you can push him around with McMourning's injection to set up better charges.

Are there more effective uses for those soulstones? Yes.

Is it a good idea if you like the models? Sure it is, painting and modelling is arguably more important than winning games and it wouldn't be unplayable, just not optimal.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ludvig said:

I don't think following outside of LoS is really doable, Sebastian is faster than Killjoy.

Having him start buried and popping out of something seems very doable though, McMourning and Sebastian tend to create corpses and if they don't there are plenty of sacrificial models you could use in McMourning's crew like autopsies or the chihuahua. Once Killjoy is out you can push him around with McMourning's injection to set up better charges.

Are there more effective uses for those soulstones? Yes.

Is it a good idea if you like the models? Sure it is, painting and modelling is arguably more important than winning games and it wouldn't be unplayable, just not optimal.

Everything you just said right there has me convinced I'm doing the right thing. Thanks!

• Like 1

McMourning comes with a tiny dog that enemies really want to kill. If they are afraid Killjoy will pop out of the dog they will have to think twice about killing him, which is great! McMourning can also push the dog up the table with Injection and his Nurses giving it uppers, so it can really get up in there and force the enemy to kill it and drop Killjoy on them.

@Ludvig the poison from Injection will also trigger Killjoy's Black Blood at the end of the turn, dealing more damage to the enemies!

• Like 3