Monthly painting challenge 2017 -- March

prof_bycid

7 hours ago, H4ml3t said:

Plaid goes significantly beyond my abilities. I look forward to seeing this finished. Good work so far.

Thank you so much!

I owe my plaid superpower to years of playing/painting a Celtic themed Space Wolves army. Each squad had a different tartan on their pinky-nail-sized tabards. Datsue's skirt is a bit more difficult in that there are more contours to the garment, but the basic process is the same. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, so_diogenes said:

Man pretty much everything in here makes me feel embarrassed to post my finished products lol... Great job everyone!

It's like any other skill. You have to love the work in and of itself, dedicate at least fifteen minutes of every day to it, and be diligent and careful in how you practice.

The concept of natural talent is mostly a lie. More accurate to call it discipline and disposition. Practice, practice, practice... 

And thin your paints. :)

• Like 6

On 21.03.2017 at 2:32 PM, wizuriel said:

@Viruk I'm loving the eyes of your models. Any tips?

@wizuriel avoid using pure white, something like bleached bone or any slightly tinted white works much better. As for the pupils - this is just a matter of practice, even after years of painting I sometimes need a few attempts to get the eyes right

• Like 2

Hey guys!

Here is the steam trunk which was my last model for this month and some friends I managed to get done too which wasn't considered at the beginning of March. Sorry for the pics, I'll try to take some better ones! 

IMG_20170328_223925.jpg
IMG_20170328_223933.jpg
IMG_20170328_223946.jpg

• Like 9

On 3/28/2017 at 9:13 AM, Searos said:

I've already painted Raspy, an Ice Gamin (4 ss), an Ice Dancer (6 ss), and an Ice Golem (10 ss) this month. Do those count or not? Either way I'll paint 2 Ice Gamin (4 ss each) and 2 Wind Gamin (4 ss each) 

Searos, If you painted them this month, they count.  Check out the full rules in the Monthly Painting Challenge enrollment thread.  Let me know how many SS/month you want to paint.  It looks like you are currently at 51 SS for level: Emissary (anything over 30 SS / month). 

Here are my March models.  I tried blending in some highlights on the leather belts, but they aren't very visible in the photos.  Will keep trying this out.  I have made some progress on the new photo booth, so I will be able to capture the models better soon.

Wendigo (proxy; 3 SS) + 2 x Silent Ones (2 x 6 SS) = 15 SS

Great work everyone!  Start planning your April pledge!

large.Mar2017_Silent_Ones_donec.jpg.b60fee0161c51154a0e808207d3cc56e.jpg

Edited by prof_bycid
Added photo
  • Like 2