Monthly painting challenge 2017 -- March

prof_bycid

Finally posting my (mostly) unpainted stuff for the beginning of the month. Did what's pictured on the skeeters here right before remembering to take the picture, and all I've done since then is a few layers on the gremlin skin. Saving Hyrule has left little time for painting, but I'm trying to remember to come up for air. More to come!

large.WIN_20170301_22_18_15_Pro.jpg.221350f873c31ced5d5e25f03e86c872.jpg

• Like 6

@iamfanboy Yes, I have heard good things about Foldio.  I have workshop with plexiglass tools, and some "new" free plexi, so I can build one almost for free.  I was kidding about the new level (need to remember to write more emphatically or use emoticons).  You are still at emissary.

The tracking sheet should be up to date again.  Some of you are planning on adding more models and that's fine---I have some of the preliminary SS counts in there so that I dont forget someone.  There are a lot of painters this time!

31 minutes ago, ringsnake said:

Reworked huggles

That looks great!  The contrast in the colors of the eyes against the rest of the model is great; they really pop.  Nice job on the wet look on the inner inner mouth.  I am not saying that I have the skills to judge anyone (as I am a noob), but this looks great!

• Like 1

Tara and Karina are done, but I am not happy with them at all. At least they are done though...I can always come back and repaint them later. My Lynch is my high point. I really feel like I nailed the color modulation, shades and highlights on him (even if his face is a bit bleh). I'm having trouble with consistency. Hopefully regular practice will fix that. Anyway, here in Lynch to compare to the others:

large.58670aff46cb7_JakobLynchF.jpg.b91357ab264f82d9b4f665bc5356780d.jpg

I am not going to get the 70-odd points in models done that I had planned, but I did hit the monthly Master goal:

• Tara (15)
  • Nothing Beast (10)
  • Karina (5)
  • Void Wretch x3 (12)

Total: 42 points, meeting my Master pledge of >30 points/month

large.Tara-3.jpg.ffbc162cd56d4d42f0e11720b2f4f0ad.jpglarge.Tara-2.jpg.d75f464526e6cb2a0505d2ff3343c1ed.jpglarge.Tara-1.jpg.404345e7ea74c10741f7e6b4ad43c928.jpglarge.Karina-2.jpg.dc9b09c3113df90b0a63d2fc193b232e.jpglarge.Karina-1.jpg.a21fdb1db705aa599994ed37a0d900c6.jpg

My Tara crew is coming together.

large.58ce23f50d28f_TaraCrew-1.jpg.fb7c9dda0cc323e237355b2213658978.jpg

• Like 7

Lots of really cool looking crews! Love the void effect you've gone for @KrazyIvan - it really ties the crew together. Bet they really stand out on the table.

Your Huggy looks great @ringsnake the eyes look awesome!

Here's my work so far - Ice Gamin are finished (expect for the snow, but I might do that once I have a bigger batch to do to keep a consistent texture so I'm calling them done for now) which gives me 12ss.

FullSizeRender%20-%20Copy%208_zpsh5zwspu

I'm hoping to get my Ice Golem done by the end of the month too. Doing him the same way as my Gamin is taking quite a bit longer than I expected! Here's a WIP anyway...

IMG_0438_zpsph0wl4jw.jpg

• Like 8

@Kutslo

Very nice ice effect :-) I will try to copy that at some time.

@Viruk

Cool conversions, I like the transition from the flesh tones to tentacle-tones. Good looking models!

@ringsnake

Wow, the rework on these models did work - good job! 

- - - 

In finished my pledge for this month:

Ophelia (15ss), Bayou Gremlin (3ss), Pigapult (8ss) and Pere Ravage (6ss) = 32ss in total :)

Painting%20Challenge%201_done_zpsvkmp0ph

Some colours seem a bit dull on the foto, but what can you do :D

• Like 8

For a variety of reasons I'm running late to this party. Here's my pic from early March: 

img1490050473967_zps8dtl2wlw.jpg

I started with 3 Raptors, Johan, 1 Fire Gamin and a Dawn Serpent. I've since put the Serpent on the back burner. Here's a WIP shot of the rest. 

IMG_20170321_075608640_zpswx8ymrhd.jpg

My wife and daughter will be out of town this weekend so I should be able to finish these just in time.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Boomstick said:
16 hours ago, Boomstick said:

Worked on Datsue Bae tonight, not done, but getting there. Going for more of a banshee feel, hence the head conversion.

Plaid goes significantly beyond my abilities. I look forward to seeing this finished. Good work so far.

• Like 1