Monthly painting challenge 2017 -- March

prof_bycid

And we're off!  Welcome to the 2017 painting challenge.  This is a friendly painting community, not a competition.  I should say right at the start, that this is a fan-based thing only, and is not sponsored or approved by Wyrd in any way (i.e., screw-ups are on me, not them.).  I am simply continuing the tradition started by Jaxx23 and Vaiuri and maybe others before them. 

Rules can be found in the Monthly painting challenge enrollment post.  Or just ask me.

Tracking sheet can be found at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fUeZczizoFoMjwVDcJVpJtYkKiRvTOf5HpniRHrmijU/edit?usp=sharing

At the START of the month: post a photo of your unpainted minis and any plans for them you have.

In the MIDDLE of the month: post work in progress photos if you want, or just banter about ideas.

At the END of the month: post your finished models and the Soul Stone Cost painted, and I will get this on the tracking sheet.

Aaaaaannnnnnnnnnd GO!

• Like 2

Yey!

For this month I'll paint the Freikorp librarian (7 SS), the Freikorps Strongarm (10 SS) and the Steam Trunk (3 SS) for a total of 20 SS. I'll update this message later after I take the pictures.

EDIT: so here is the pic of my March models.

Sin título.jpg

• Like 1

Yay. And so it begins.

Dear Wyrdos here, I am very glad to have joined this merry band of painters already. My motivation is really high and I decided to go on painting some Gremlins this month!

Here's the list of models I'd like to paint:

• Bayou Gremlin - 3 SS
  • Pere Ravage - 6ss
  • Ophelia LaCroix - 15ss
  • (maybe Pigapult - 8ss)

Since I have a lot of travels concerning work this month, I will use the Pigapult as a bonus-option. So minimum I will paint 24SS, maximum 32SS. Let's see how that works out :)

Painting%20Challenge%20March_zpsirqylo6n

• Like 1

I'll be opening up with the Zipp crew box, Malifaux child, and Datsue Ba (may she burn in the Special Hell).

Pictures will follow once I sit down and shrink them to a size the forums like. Though I forgot to snap a picture before tonight's paint-slinging, so there's a bit of paint on the skeeters.

• Like 2

I'll  be finishing 3 Death Marshals, The Judge and 3 Slurids that have been hovering around my desk for a couple months.

58b7b86b54fda_Mar17Challengebonussmall.jpg.bc27526cfea19122582d808f54c0197d.jpg

For the March I'll shoot for 3 Gupp Swarms (4 ea), Greed (8), Governor's Proxy (3) & a Sanctioned Spellcaster (5) for a total of 28 SS

58b7b92d75a42_March17Challengepresmall.jpg.8db90287394841b4cd51ebdad95ec51e.jpg

• Like 2

At a minimum I'll be painting the lovely miss Mei(15), the firestarter(7), and the arcane emissary(10). My phone is all sorts of messed up at the moment, so I don't have the pictures I took last night of the unpainted models, I'll upload them probably later tonight.

edit: started an album, located here 

Edited by so_diogenes
added image album
  • Like 1

This month I shall be mostly painting... Ice Gamin! And hopefully Snowstorm too to kick off my frozen heart crew. That's a total of 23ss if I get them all done... figure the Ice Gamin will be quick, but want to take some time with Snowstorm. Will take a photo when I dig them out to start painting, as still finishing off some Thunders for a tournament on the weekend at the moment.

• Like 1

Okay, so right now I have on my table Sammy & Merris LaCroix (commissions) and Sue, that's 23ss. My store has 3 Oiran and Lelu & Lilitu coming in for me, though I'll only paint Lelu & Lilitu. That's 37ss so far. Lastly, my Gremlin friend is going to hand me Gluttony as well, that's 45.

uc?export=download&id=0Bw6Rp8AlWaZ7anVIW

Oh, who am I kidding. I'm probably going to be painting the Oiran as well. But that isn't a guarantee, I do have 11 Cygnar Trenchers to get off my table - not BAD models, just not Malifaux level - and I may hold the Oiran back as a reward for painting the WM stuff.

I... don't have much problem getting stuff painted.

• Like 1

Hi,

right then. Henchman, looking at the obscene amount of models still on their sprues, I'm going to start off with;

The Sow 8ss

Stuffed piglet 2ss

Stuffed piglet 2ss

Stuffed piglet 2ss

totalling 14ss for the month, pics to be posted in a couple of days when I've got them off the sprues and glued together.

good luck all.

• Like 1

This will be my first crew after completing the Starter Box. I chose Lilith crew and Enforcer level, so here goes:

3 Terror Tots @ 4SS ea. = 12 SS

Cherub @ 3SS

I'll post starting pics after I finish getting them cleaned up and assembled. I'm already getting inspired by seeing what other people are doing/have done. :-)