Your dog and you! When to Nix?

Fluffaluffacus

I'm having a rough time trying to figure out when I'd want to bring Nix with Hamelin. I can see if in a heavy interact with model scheme pool like Mark for Death or accusation or tail em. But is there ever any other reason to bring him over a less specialized model? 

And if yes, when? And do you ever consider taking his upgrade, Hollow?

Hollow is the kind of upgrade where you really need to be using at least two of the abilities it provides to justify paying the two stones for it. That means hiring hounds, but with the advent of the Winged Plague we have the four stone mobile scheme runner slot covered. I don't face enough blasts to see much value from the additional ability, and 1AP charges against Blighted models is nice, but I usually have "free" Rat Kings for that.

I almost always take Nix with Hamelin, mainly to have Infectious Melodies in my list without taking up Hamelin's upgrade slot. I've been playing with Hollow to really get a feel for it. It's been fine at 2 SS because in my eyes I view it as either making my crew more aggressive, or use those two points for another rat.

I mentioned something similar yesterday to one of our players who's done well with Hamelin. He insinuated using nix as blight bomb end of turn one and beginning of turn two (at least that's what I got from the conversation). This has really stuck in my head and I'm keen to try it out. Setting up early to get big blight stacks to key off bleeding disease and the like. 

With scramble and oathkeeper he scores undercover entourage and leave your mark pretty easily. He deals with scheme runners ok too and allows a bit of back field cover for leave you mark and/or flank cover for claim jump if you're playing more defensively.

He's a model I would like to use more but now the Nothing beast shares a lot of his henchman advantages and also hits like a truck.

Nix is great for condition-heave schemes and you can get him across the board with hamelin obeys turn one to get his blight-pulse off in the enemy crew turn one applying blighted turn one ist better than applying it turn 2 :P.
And even after blight-bombing them Turn one... nix becomes one of the best tarpits we outcast could ever have begged for.