Cow Wars 4 Charity - MK - 30th April

Clousseau

Post event meal. As has become traditional there will be a meal after the event for anyone that wants to come - after all its a Bank Holiday on the Monday.

I'm suggesting Frankie & Bennies at Kingston which is about 10 minutes drive away and central for travelling whichever way you are going.

Please let me know (post here or on facebook) asap so I can book a table.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Clousseau said:

Post event meal. As has become traditional there will be a meal after the event for anyone that wants to come - after all its a Bank Holiday on the Monday.

I'm suggesting Frankie & Bennies at Kingston which is about 10 minutes drive away and central for travelling whichever way you are going.

Please let me know (post here or on facebook) asap so I can book a table.

I'm keen so James Henley will be too :P

Nice new venue with the best views from the TO table that I've ever had. Many thanks to those helping with set up - much smoother and quicker than I expected.

All seemed to go well, and I thought the venue was fine, and would use it again. Nice to have space outside and some airflow though the main hall. Could probably have coped with a few more players, but would probably keep the ante room free for chilling which seemed to work well.

Amazing support for Willen Hospice, especially from the raffle, but I won't know the final total until next weekend, but thanks to everyone who attended, and also who contributed remotely.

Well done to Conor for a clear win, especially considering he nearly didn't make it. results should be up on rankings soon. Best painted was from Jamie Matthews, but it was extremely close.

Feedback welcome as always.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Clousseau said:

Nice new venue with the best views from the TO table that I've ever had. Many thanks to those helping with set up - much smoother and quicker than I expected.

All seemed to go well, and I thought the venue was fine, and would use it again. Nice to have space outside and some airflow though the main hall. Could probably have coped with a few more players, but would probably keep the ante room free for chilling which seemed to work well.

Amazing support for Willen Hospice, especially from the raffle, but I won't know the final total until next weekend, but thanks to everyone who attended, and also who contributed remotely.

Well done to Conor for a clear win, especially considering he nearly didn't make it. results should be up on rankings soon. Best painted was from Jamie Matthews, but it was extremely close.

Feedback welcome as always.

Well, I lost that painting comp by 1 vote and I voted for... Jamie Mathews! Damn me! But Jamie's Shadow Emissary was excellent, so deserved it, and congrats to him.  And congrats to Conner on his win.

As for feedback, Dave, I thought it was excellent.  You're a tireless TO who organises and runs lots of tournies, demos games all over, supports charities, encourages newbies, and is everything that Wyrd could ask for to promote and support the game.  Seriously, mate, it's people like you who help make the Malifaux community what it is.

Now if that doesn't earn me some additional raffle tickets in your next event, then I don't know what will!

Congrats on another excellent event.

• Like 1

Really nice Venue and while potentially a little tight, the noise levels were really good. High ceilings soaked it up. Many thanks to you David for organising yet another fabulous event. I'm not sure we know how lucky we are as a community to have such a figurehead. 

Thanks to George, Scott and Stef for 3 really good games al for a variety of reasons. 

George, for the 4 black Jokers I got all for damage which would have given me an abomination each time. In the end I simply had to laugh. 

Scott for yet another really really close tactical battle. 

Stef for taking the reverse of my first game with great grace. The cards were not with you at all that game. 

Looking forward to my next event already.

• Like 1

Another excellent Cow War.
The venue for the last 2 was great but I'd almost forgot about it as this new place was very nice.
It looked a little cramped (or awkward to pass) in the centre rows (luckily I was against walls each time myself) but that was it for negatives.
Got a little loud but as @SurreyLee said, high ceilings mostly soaked that up, plus 42 players will make noise.

Liked the space around, lots of facilities and the pub next door was genuinely fantastic.
I only had a toastie, chips and a cider but the food was on point, in fact the chips were some of nicest I've had (I appreciate chips aren't exactly complex).
My only disappointment was I ordered a rekorderlig from the fridge and then noticed that it was local ciders on tap... damn.

Congrats to all the winners and thanks to all my opponents. I've listed you all on social media and will on the podcast too.