Cow Wars 4 Charity - MK - 30th April

Clousseau

Cow Wars 4: A New Friesian moves back to the edge of Milton Keynes and also returns to its roots in that a main aim will be to raise money for a local charity.

Charity: I'm supporting the local cancer care charity Willen Hospice who do a great job in palliative care. Aim is to raise £500.

Venue: Moulsoe Millennium Hall (MK16 0HB) is a modern venue just 5 minutes from J14 M1. Space for 48 players, kitchen for hot drinks (tea & coffee will be available) and next to a pub. You'll need to bring your own food though as there's nothing else in the village. Bus arrives too late in the morning, but there's one back to MK station at 18:45.

Entry: £15 with a target of half going to charity (depends upon numbers of course). Prize pool will hopefully be supplemented by some sponsorship - already have some interesting items for the faction winners!

Date: Sunday 30th April from 10:00- 48 places available

Rules: 3 rounds, 50SS descending to 46SS, fixed faction. Rulespack is here https://www.dropbox.com/s/jsjfwkynii7s8a9/Rules Pack - Cow Wars 4 - Apr17.pdf?dl=0

Prize support: in addition to the usual Wyrd tournament packs there will be prize support courtesy of Bendy Boards, KR Multicase and Wargames Workshop.

Help: As this is a village hall help with setting up (from 8am) will be appreciated.

Raising money: in addition to the entry fee there will also be a raffle  - a Nightmare Whisky Golem has been donated along with some KR cases. Further donations welcome. Tickets £1 each which can be bought in advance if you are not attending by sending money by paypal to malifaux.clousseau@gmail.com. Also I'd like to have a cake sale (donations please), and I'm open to any other ideas. There will also be an auction for which I am donating a sealed Dead Justice crew box - now pretty rare - further donations welcome.

Entries

1. Rik Phillips
  2. Ben Sime
  3. Owen Pauling
  4. Alex Hill                     Neverborn
  5. Tom Trigg
  6. Stef McGlen
  7. Alex Killen
  8. George Hollingdale
  9. Ben Leslie
  10. Scott Peden
  11. Mark Elwood
  12. Karl McConnell   
  13. Craig Woods    (to pay)
  14. James Henley
  15. Josh Leak
  16. Luke Cocksedge
  17. Adam Perry                10T
  18. Andres Gonzalez         Gremlins
  19. Mathieu Lecoeuche     Arcanist
  20. Andy Gray                  Resser
  21. Oz Goff                      10T
  22. Fiona Bond                Outcasts
  23. Keith Robinson           Neverborn
  24. Peter Slynn  
  25. Matthew Slynn
  26. Richard Matthews   (to pay)
  27. A J Barr                     Gremlins
  28. Peter Mynard   (to pay)
  29. Colin Woodward
  30. Matt Mcconnell 
  31. Matt Lewin 
  32. Rich Vincent
  33. Craig Colley               Neverborn
  34. Matt While
  35. Paul Butler
  36. +1
  37. Lee Walstow              Outcasts
  38. Conor McNama
  39. Jamie Matthews         Gremlins   (to pay)
  40. Richard Walters         Outcasts
  41. Kevin Woodward

3 hours ago, mattwhile said:

Would auctioning any donations make more money for charity then doing a raffle? 

Also interested.

Open to opinions on this. My only reference is the painted TTB Hannah that was raffled (I think) at an event last year. I'll investigate.

We did auctions at 4M - my Rasputina Crew for example and made a boatload of money for charity.  At the charity event that Kai was involved with it had donation boxes on the tables and you could put a £1 in for 3 +ve flips. This was also very popular.  Sure it would take away ranking status but does that really matter?  

1 hour ago, OldManMyke said:

We did auctions at 4M - my Rasputina Crew for example and made a boatload of money for charity.  At the charity event that Kai was involved with it had donation boxes on the tables and you could put a £1 in for 3 +ve flips. This was also very popular.  Sure it would take away ranking status but does that really matter?  

Mike, you've run enough tournaments to know that some people live and breath for ranking points. 8)

• Like 1

On ‎01‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 7:35 PM, mattwhile said:

Would auctioning any donations make more money for charity then doing a raffle? 

Also interested.

I think the answer is yes. Probably auction off the Dead Justice and then raffle off whatever else I get - already been promised a few items from friends and some cases from KR.

Tournament pack will be used for prizes.

Hi Dave,

It's Alex Hill, I signed up on Bag o tools, but thought id make a comment here as a belt and braces approach.

I am happy to bring some form of cake along for the raffle, my mother makes cakes about three times a week due to popular demand amongst locals. I am sure she will be happy to  contribute.

Payment sent via paypal.

Hopefully see you before this event.

Alex

• Like 1

3 hours ago, M_Ruckuss said:

Looking forward to getting some games in! Haven't deliberately taken a break but feels like it! 

Always a good event; doubly so if it's making money for charity.

Dave: will the x-wing lot be there as usual?

No X-Wing players this time (for various reasons). We have sole use of this new venue, so we'll see how it goes, but hopefully we have a suitable venue for the numbers we are getting this year. Only downside id no local affordable food outlets (the pub next door is a tad pricey).