Pandora in GG17?

MetaphoricDragn

So with GG17 being less kill oriented than I i'm used to dealing with, it has me eyeing Voices Pandora as a possible option.  I would still need to watch out for Misery suicides with frame for murder, but paralyze seems like it would be a strong option regardless.

I'm wondering if people think similarly, or if I'm off base with this one.  If people agree, what else would you be grabbing to go with her in GG17?

This post brought ot you by the Coalition of people who haven't wrapped their heads around gg17 yet

• Like 1

Paralyze Pandora can be strong, but I think she has too many hard counters or difficult match-ups to put her in the top end.  She's still very good, but Lilith's movement effects, Collodi's Fast bubble, Titania's marker dropping, and potentially Lucius Mk2 play the scheme game better.

11 hours ago, bertmac said:

What are peoples ideas for horror build pandy? Box, fgf, aether connection?

Coppellius and teddy for more terrifying all then fill in with sorrows, poltergeist etc?

I mean, you can run other willpower stuff if you want, but Pandora doesn't really need it. She's more than capable of killing anything herself (read her damage track as the best beater track + 1). I like to run her with Lilitu, Doppelganger, and then two Illuminated (or Illuminated/Johan or 1x Nekima/Teddy/Rider). Other stuff to run schemes, really liking WilloWisp + Spawn Mother due to the extra activations, but you could just go with like double Silurid or Silurid + Sorrow/Madness?

• 2 weeks later...

Pandora is amazing for scoring Accusation.

Put Incite on something after it's activated.

Next turn, Accuse two models.  When the first tries to go, pull the incite trigger.  Paralyze the one that's still accused.  Profit.

Alternatively, Pandora goes first, paralyzes two models and incites a third.  Accuse them both with a Gupps.  Whichever one you don't pull Accuse off, paralyze it again.

I really liked her in Interference/Accusation/Claim Jump.  She can push around to help with interference, she can auto score accusation, and she can freeze areas of the board so your claims are safe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ergonomic Cat said:

Pandora is amazing for scoring Accusation.

Put Incite on something after it's activated.

Next turn, Accuse two models.  When the first tries to go, pull the incite trigger.  Paralyze the one that's still accused.  Profit.

Alternatively, Pandora goes first, paralyzes two models and incites a third.  Accuse them both with a Gupps.  Whichever one you don't pull Accuse off, paralyze it again.

I really liked her in Interference/Accusation/Claim Jump.  She can push around to help with interference, she can auto score accusation, and she can freeze areas of the board so your claims are safe.

Are you running straight gupps or the spawn mother/will o wisp combo?

I just did Gupps as my scheme runners.  Between the fact that they could score Claim Jump on their own and the worry that my opponent would also take Accused they seemed like the best choice for scheme runners.

I took Pandora, Thorn, Lilitu, Claw, Widow Weaver a couple Gupps and a Waldgeist.  Not very thematic, but had a lot of area denial, covered a lot of space, everything could reasonably defend itself, and WW gave a bit more paralyze.