McMourning and Carrion Effigy

OracleToronto

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere but I am wondering if anyone on the forums takes the Carrion Effigy with McMourning? I know it doesn't grant as much synergy as it does with some leaders - I am curious if shards could help shield fragile targets in the list (mainly Sebastian) and the chihuahua ... I know paying 10 points to bodyguard 10 points is not a smart way of looking at things that is why I wanted to see if people had experience with it pulling its weight when joined up with the good doctor.

I am going to assume you mean the Carrion Emissary and not Effigy as you mention shards. The two targets you want to protect are not worth the 10 ss cost if that is why you plan to the Emissary. Sebastian being Ht1 is easier to hide then most models and really should be hiding and walking around making good use of his aura. The Chihuahua also being Ht 1 is never a concern for me to try and protect. If my opponent wants to use the ap to kill sure go for it. Whatever did kill my dog will most likely become one after that with Mc never being to far away. 

The Emissary is still good and can provide a lot of board control while also not worthless for attacking. To bring it mainly for protecting other models i think is too big an investment.

Ht 1 only makes you easier to hide if you are fighting other ht 1 models.

I'm not sure I would bring the emissary for the shards. The conflux action works well if they take out the chihuahua and to set up charges if you have models that charge for a (1) against poisoned models. The zombies created by the shards through the game could be turned into ss and cards.

• Like 1

For me is carrion emmisary almost autoinclude for mcmourning. He is excellent support model for McM crew. Adding +wk aura, solid atck, marker manipulation and of course shards of kythera action granting blocking LoS and free mindless zombie for sebastian to sacrifice. If everything goes well u can summon 6ss worht model almost for free on turn 4. On the other hand emmisary is quite fragile model and its utility really depends on your playstyle. With last book My little helper is also great option.

Carrion Emissary is very good with McMourning. I put it in my beginner's list for McMourning (see the guide that's pinned in this forum) and I've won tournaments playing that fixed list. See that post for more info.

In any given game, the Emissary will create shards / zombies, give things Poison (either through it's 10" grenade on the McMourning Conflux upgrade, or through it's Infect trigger on Rot and Rend), get :+fate to attack anything already poisoned (McM Conflux), turn corpse markers into scheme markers and occasionally summon a minion late game.

8 hours ago, Freman said:

Given I'm going to use Simulacrum #29 as the Carrion Emissary (and Brutal Emissary if playing Guild McMourning) he's going to have to be there, good or not.

A small note of caution: Simulacrum is only a legal proxy for the carrion emissary. Not that I think any organizer or opponent would begrusge you that proxy.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Kinginyello said:

Really? Thats a tad disappointing.

That's how I've interpretated the following from GG:

"Any Avatar may be used as a proxy for one Emissary
of Fate. The Avatar must be the same Faction as the
Emissary of Fate to be a legal proxy, regardless of
which model is leading the Crew. For example, Kirai
may proxy Avatar Seamus as the Carrion Emissary,
but a Guild Crew could not use Avatar Seamus as a
proxy. Sim 29 counts as an Avatar for proxy purposes."

I guess when I think about it, McMourning is dual faction so his avatar model should be too. It's just weird about the "one Emissary of Fate" part. You'd think they'd specifically mention the dual faction ones. The specific use of the word "one" also implies they can't be used for differnet ones between different games and the old models were always single faction.

• Like 1

McMourning and Zoraida are, I think, the only dual faction masters who received an Avatar model. Zoraida's doesn't really scream "Gremlin" to me though so I think Som'er and Peaches is a better Lucky Emissary. Zoraida's is more likely to end up on a 30mm base as a substitute for the crone.

• Like 1