Random question for all summoning masters...

OracleToronto

So regardless of who you are (with very few exceptions) summoning in Malifaux requires the right cards at the right time. This to me says card cycling is vitally important. I was wondering if anyone has tried bringing in Bloodwretches as Mercs in order to get the available card draws. Now granted they work best when given fast to activate "Rage Builds" before charging but even a simple push into combat will allow it to activate Rage Builds granting +1 damage and draw "2 discard 1" when damaging.

On a side note Toshiro could use "My Little Helper" upgrade to double "0" and grant two Bloodwretches fast allowing them to "Rage Builds" granting the +1 Damage and card draw on damage as well as the positive flips on attack. This helps these little mercs pull way above their class in damage alone with a respectable possible damage spread of 3/4/6 even before the consideration of the possibility to draw 8 cards in one turn to search for your high summon cards.

I know Resers have a ton of good models in faction but i wonder if these little cruise missiles (seriously a Charge of 7?!!) could find a place at only 6 points a piece.

• Like 1

Cg 7 and :melee1 for a threat range of 8 is rather common, even in Ressers, they are only cruise missile in the sense that they are one use. As they can hit fairly hard the other player will no doubt kill them promptly and end your card draw (they are perhaps good for FFM?). Philip can hang back while drawing cards so the other player will have to put some effort into getting to him.

Yeah, Phillip and the Nanny does what you want for just 8 SS. You can give him up to two upgrades, though. I prefer Haunting Cries and My Little Helper, so 9 SS. Much better than paying the 12 SS for the two Bloodwretches!

I almost always use two Necropunks with Phillip. They deploy within 6 of him, then drop a scheme each, leap, and drop another scheme. Phillip will be set for a while, and can just hang back and cycle cards for me.

Hi, I`ve used them with tara a few times and I find them very useful, even charging your own armoured models to get cards (on turn 1). Also you can bury one and copy "the rage builds" with tara and charge or shot or even giving slow dealing +1 to damage and gaining cards.

People seems to like Philip for card cycling, personally I find needing 2 actions and two scheme markers (4AP) and leaving her behind  is to pricy for what you get I mainly tend to take her/him with seamus.